Granny's Bread Pudding. Combine bread and raisins in large bowl. Learn how to cook great Grannies bread pudding. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Grannies bread pudding recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips.
Growing up, I never thought of this dessert as a no frills dessert, just a delicious comfort food. For pudding, combine first five ingredients in a large bowl. Add bread and raisins; mix well. You can have Granny's Bread Pudding using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Granny's Bread Pudding
- You need 1 box of bisquick make.
- It’s 18 of biscuits/ or from scratch.
- Prepare 16 oz of chocolate chips or more.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3 tsp of vanilla extract or imitation.
- Prepare 3 large of eggs.
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk.
Combine bread and raisins in large bowl. Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg over bread and raisins in pan. Blend sugar and eggs with whisk. Pour milk mixture over bread; let stand.
Granny's Bread Pudding instructions
- make18 biscuits using directions on a box of biscuits you can make them from scratch if you want. They do not have to be pretty..
- after you make your biscuits let em cool then crumble them in a large mixing bowl.
- add about a cup of sugar you may want to taste it after you get everything mixed.. it's one of those (til it ) recipes.
- add vanilla.
- add your eggs.
- add your milk you may want to add a little more or less. when you mix the ingredients it should have a very moist consistency..
- add your chocolate chips.. I have used butterscotch chips and carmel as well but chocolate chips are the best and the original..
- mix it all together again…
- poor into a well greased 9×13 pan.. I like using an angel food cake pan too..
- bake on 350 for 45 minutes to 1hr…
- you'll know it's done when its golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean…..
Filled with the sweet flavors of vanilla, freshly ground nutmeg, plump raisins, and sugar, this recipe is the perfect way to end any meal. ld fashioned bread pudding with vanilla sauce is an easy and simple homestead recipe to use up eggs, milk and stale bread. Comfort food at its best – breakfast, dessert, or snack! This bread pudding recipe is one that has been in Josh's family for years and comes from his Grandmother Linda. Josh loves this recipe so much that his grandma used to bake it for him instead of a cake for special occasions. In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and vanilla.