Basic Bread Pudding Recipe. This recipe is proof-positive that leftover bread can easily be converted to dessert without much work There's room for customization here: consider adding fresh or dried fruit or a combination of spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and Simple Bread Pudding. Here is a recipe for Basic Bread Pudding, a dessert staple in New Orleans. This recipe includes stale french bread, dried fruit, and nuts.
Day-old bread works best in this recipe. Bread pudding is a bread based dessert that is popular in many countries. If you'd like to learn how to bake bread, here's a wonderful place to start. You can have Basic Bread Pudding Recipe using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basic Bread Pudding Recipe
- Prepare 4 slice of plain white bread.
- It’s 250 ml of milk.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of castor sugar(or ordinary white sugar).
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract(or essence).
- You need 4 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 25 grams of chocolate chips (I'd always use more).
This easy white bread recipe bakes up deliciously golden brown. There's nothing like the homemade aroma wafting through my kitchen as it bakes. —Sandra Anderson, New York, New York. I love Bread Pudding too and have my mother's recipe – which is similar to yours. But my favorite addition ? is a cup of chocolate chips 🙂 Best wishes for a full recovery for your Dad.
Basic Bread Pudding Recipe instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°C..
- Spread butter on the slices of bread. Use cookie cutters to cut the bread. Place in greased casserole..
- In a measuring cup, measure 250 ml of milk. Add the sugar, egg and vanilla extract into the measuring cup with the milk. Whisk to combine..
- Pour the milk mixture into the casserole with the bread. Let the bread soak up the mixture for 10 minutes..
- Add the chocolate chips on top..
- Bake the bread for 30-45 minutes, or until golden brown..
Easy Bread Pudding made with soft bread and tender raisins soaked in a sweet custard and baked until golden. While the ratio is important, the. New Recipes – Contribute your Recipe. Pour milk over soft. top of the pudding while still warm, then return . center of the meringue of each serving. ,,, we are talking about good old "down home country style" cooking here,,,, Bread Pudding,,,,, easy and so delicious,, just a few simple (in your cabinet. Add in condensed lowfat milk and regular lowfat milk to barely cover.