Lauki kheer /Bottle gourd dessert. Lauki Kheer Recipe is a delicious and creamy sweet pudding that is made from grated bottle gourd making super healthy with all the nutrition from milk and bottle gourd. The Lauki Kheer gets its delicious flavors and textures from saffron, cardamom, almonds and cashew nuts. You can serve the Lauki Kheer hot or cold as a dessert when you have a guests at home or during festivals and special.
It can be had for Vrat or Indian fasting days as well. It can be had for Vrat or Indian fasting days as well. Lauki Ki Kheer is a creamy dessert that I make every year during Janmashtami and even out of the blue to surprise my family. You can cook Lauki kheer /Bottle gourd dessert using 10 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lauki kheer /Bottle gourd dessert
- It’s 1 cup of grated lauki/bottlegourd.
- Prepare 500 ml of whole milk.
- It’s 4-5 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 4 tbsp of powder milk/condensed milk.
- You need 8-10 of chopped cashewnuts.
- It’s 1 tbsp of raisins.
- You need 2 of green cardamoms crushed.
- It’s 1 tsp of cornflour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ghee.
- You need 1 tsp of rose water.
If you want to make a dessert that is not just empty calories and contains some nutrition as well, this lauki ki kheer could be your pick. Lauki (bottle gourd) was not a very popular vegetable in my house. My brothers used to hate it, I liked it of course just because I loved every vegetable. The only way everyone ate it happily was when mom made lauki halwa or lauki kheer out of it.
Lauki kheer /Bottle gourd dessert instructions
- Boil milk and cook on low flame till reduced to half.Meanwhile peel and grate lauki with a grater.Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a wok and toss the grated lauki till the moisture dries up.Add 1 tbsp sugar and toss.Add the lauki to the kheer and add sugar.Dilute powder milk and add to the boiling milk.If using condensed milk,adjust sugar.Add chopped nuts.Make a slurry of 1 tsp cornflour and add to milk.Give it a boil.Sprinkle crushed cardamom and rose water.Cool and add raisins.Serve chilled..
Lauki ki kheer recipe or dudhi kheer – an Indian dessert made from bottle gourd vegetable. It is like the rich, creamy, sweet pudding. It is like the rich, creamy, sweet pudding. Lauki ki kheer & Navratri vrat: Lauki Ki Kheer is a delicious, perfectly creamy Indian dessert made with bottle gourd, sugar, and milk. Serve it chilled or warm and don't forget to sprinkle a generous helping of pistachio just before serving.