Panna Cotta. A traditional, easy, and delicious Italian custard. I had a difficult time finding a good and easy recipe on the internet, so I made up my own recipe. It tastes just like the panna cotta served at Italian restaurants.
Panna cotta, a molded chilled dessert popular throughout Italy, is easy to make and can be prepared in advance. It looks and tastes wonderful with ripe red fruits such as raspberries, strawberries. Vanilla Rum Panna Cotta with Salted Caramel. You can cook Panna Cotta using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Panna Cotta
- Prepare 2 cups (500 ml) of Milk & Cream *e.g. 1 cup Milk and 1 cup Cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of Caster Sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract *OR 1 Tablespoon Rum or Brandy.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of (*about 8g) Gelatin.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Water.
This Chocolate Pie Is the Best Way to Make Panna Cotta Kid-Friendly. Panna cotta, Italian for "cooked cream," is a dessert made with lightly sweetened milk and cream, which is then chilled and set with gelatin in small bowls or ramekins. The creamy dessert has the consistency of an airy custard or pudding. Before serving, panna cotta is commonly inverted onto a small plate, though it can also be eaten.
Panna Cotta step by step
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small bowl and soak for 5-10 minutes. *Note: If you are going to set the jelly in serving glasses, use less Gelatin. (e.g. 1 & 1/2 teaspoons).
- Place Milk, Sugar and Vanilla in a saucepan, and heat over medium heat, stirring, and bring just to the boil. Remove from heat..
- Add soaked Gelatine, mix well until gelatine dissolves, then add Cream and stir to combine. *Note: Adding cold Cream at the end will speed-up the setting process. Alternatively, you can heat Cream with Milk..
- Pour the mixture into jelly moulds or serving glasses. Place them in the fridge and leave to set. Serve with your favourite berry sauce or/and fresh berries. I used Raspberry Sauce for above photo..
- *Raspberry Sauce: Place 1/2 to 1 cup frozen/fresh Raspberries and 1 to 2 tablespoons Sugar in a heatproof bowl and microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. Cool completely..
Panna cotta (Italian for "cooked cream") is an Italian dessert of sweetened cream thickened with gelatin and molded. The cream may be aromatized with coffee, vanilla, or other flavorings. The name panna cotta is not mentioned in Italian cookbooks before the. Panna Cotta is an old treat from the mountains of Italy, and you'll be so surprised how incredibly easy it is to make. It's luscious, has a silky texture, refreshing with subtle lemon flavor, and a great choice for family dinners or special company.