Saffron Pistachio Panna Cotta. While panna cotta may be known as an Italian dessert of sweetened cream thickened with gelatin, every culture has its own version. Same idea except that the thickener is agar powder instead of gelatin. Panna cotta is an Italian dessert made of sweetened cream thickened with gelatin or agar agar and moulded.
You can taste panna cotta in Bengali sandesh. This is a guest post by Bejaya Sinha. For the Panna Cotta: Place the water into a cup and add gelatine, stirring until combined. You can have Saffron Pistachio Panna Cotta using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Saffron Pistachio Panna Cotta
- You need 2 tablespoon of Soft paneer or homemade cottage cheese.
- You need teaspoon of Sugar –2.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of Milk –.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Cream –.
- You need 1 pinch of Saffron –.
- It’s of Agar agar powder – a big pinch.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of Pistachio –.
- You need 1 pinch of Cardamom powder –.
Place the cream in a saucepan over medium heat with sugar, white chocolate, saffron, honey, vanilla extract & star anise. Soak the gelatin in cold water. Remove it from the heat, then add in the drained gelatin and the pistachio paste; stir well, let it cool, then strain the mixture. Add the rose water and saffron, and whisk in.
Saffron Pistachio Panna Cotta step by step
- Mash soft paneer and sugar powder till smooth..
- Boil 2 tablespoon milk &1 tablespoon cream and a pinch of Saffron together..
- Add a big pinch of agag agar powder. Whisk till smooth..
- Add paneer mix, cardamom powder and chopped pistachio. Mix well..
- In a greased mould add 1/4 teaspoon chopped pistachio. Pour panna cotta mix..
- Chill for 2 hours in refrigerator. Unmould and serve. Add some syrup of your choice and fruits on top..
- You can adjust sugar as per taste..
Squeeze the gelatine dry and add to the cream mixture. Whisk in along with the pink food colouring. Fill with the panna cotta, then chill in fridge until set. Pistachio Panna Cotta Recipe, Learn how to make Pistachio Panna Cotta (absolutely delicious recipe of Pistachio Panna Cotta ingredients and cooking method) A creamy Italian delight, panna cotta is one of the simplest desserts made with just a handful of ingredients. A great dessert to add to your dinner-party repertoire because you can make it ahead of time and forget about it while it sets.