Classic Panna Cotta. Panna cotta means 'cooked cream' in Italian. It includes very few ingredients, and is basically a simple mixture of cream, sugar, and vanilla. Gelatin is added to set the mixture and create a custard-like consistency.
The best panna cotta has an understated character, highlighting the inherent sweetness of the dairy and the warmth from a fresh vanilla bean. Panna cotta shouldn't be cloying, or heavy. Meanwhile, heat milk and sugar in a small saucepan over medium. You can cook Classic Panna Cotta using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic Panna Cotta
- Prepare 2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 50 gms of fresh strawberry crushed.
- Prepare 50 gm of fresh mulberry crushed.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of gelatin.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of caster sugar.
A traditional, easy and delicious Italian pud. I had a difficult time finding a good and easy recipe on the internet, so I made up my own recipe. It tastes just like the panna cotta served in Italy. This keeps well for several days in the refrigerator.
Classic Panna Cotta step by step
- Place the cream and milk in a saucepan.add vanilla essence into the saucepan, Add the sugar and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, dissolve gelatin powder and mix into the cream mixture, now cook the strawberry and mulberry mixture separately for 10 min to get it in thick consistently.
- Divide cream mixture into 3 part, in one part add mulberry, in second part add strawberry crushed and in third part leave plane, now set all the mixtures in serving glass, set plane first for 10 minute, then add mulberry mixture on top of that in third layer add strawberry mixed.
- Completely set the all mixture for 1-2 hrs in the freeze now de mold the panna cotta into serving plate.
Light summer desserts, made with or accompanied by fruit, are perfect for summer eating. Our easy to prepare recipe can be prepared in advance. It looks and tastes wonderful with ripe red fruits or a thick caramel sauce. It can be served as is, or garnished with fresh fruit, fruit sauces, chocolate sauce, dulce de leche, etc. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat.