Lapsi (Broken Wheat Dates Jaggery Pudding) – No Sugar Dessert. Great recipe for Lapsi (Broken Wheat Dates Jaggery Pudding) – No Sugar Dessert. Lapsi is a fabulous tasty dish made from broken wheat also known popularly as "dalia". Lapsi is one of the favorite sweet dishes among the Gujaratis.
Lapsi is one of most humble of sweet dishes. Made with dahlia (broken what) and jaggery, traditional lapsi is very earthy, very rustic dessert, with no fancy frills. It is part of both Rajasthani and Gujarati cuisine and fairly common during Navratris. You can have Lapsi (Broken Wheat Dates Jaggery Pudding) – No Sugar Dessert using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lapsi (Broken Wheat Dates Jaggery Pudding) – No Sugar Dessert
- It’s 1 cup of Broken Wheat.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chopped Dates.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of Water.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Jaggery.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Ghee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ghee.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Fennel seeds.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Chopped nuts.
It gets ready with very few ingredients and is a comparatively healthy sweet. The main ingredient of lapsi is broken wheat/cracked wheat or dalia. Plus jaggery is added for sweetness. Lapsi Recipe (Gujarati Broken Wheat & Jaggery Sweet) is an aromatic, flavorful and delicious dish which is very much popular in Gujarat.
Lapsi (Broken Wheat Dates Jaggery Pudding) – No Sugar Dessert instructions
- Heat 1 cup of water and jaggery in a saucepan. Boil for 5 minutes and strain to remove any residue. Keep it aside. Heat one tablespoon of ghee in a pressure cooker over medium heat. Add chopped nuts and roast until the colour changes to light golden. Turn off the heat and keep the roasted nuts aside..
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the broken wheat and saute on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till it turns light pink in colour. Now add remaining 2 & 1/2 cups of water with strained jaggery water and chopped dates. Pressure cook on a high flame for 4 whistles..
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Now add the chopped dry fruits, salt, cardamom powder, fennel and pour remaining 1 tbsp of ghee over halwa. Serve hot..
- Tips: Amount of water will depend on the variety of broken wheat. White sugar or brown sugar can be used instead of jaggery..
Lapsi is a sweet dish made with roasted broken wheat (Dalia) and sweetened with jaggery. Garnished with nuts and flavored with cardamom, this cracked wheat recipe is perfect for celebrations. With a rich brown color, this lapsi halwa can be cooked in the pressure cooker within minutes. Lapsi is a yummy and healthy dessert quite popular in Rajasthan and Gujarat. Lapsi is broken wheat dry roasted and then cooked with sugar and ghee.