Panna Cotta. Panna cotta (Italian for "cooked cream") is an Italian dessert of sweetened cream thickened with gelatin and molded. The cream may be aromatized with coffee, vanilla, or other flavorings. Panna cotta means 'cooked cream' in Italian.
Pour milk into a small bowl, and stir in the gelatin powder. Panna cotta is a very basic pudding that is made of dairy thickened with gelatin. A bite of panna cotta is remarkably creamy, melting in the mouth without a trace of grittiness or lumps. You can have Panna Cotta using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Panna Cotta
- It’s 1 cup of Half & Half.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1 packages of Gelatin.
- You need 3 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cold Water.
Panna Cotta is a creamy Italian jello/pudding like dessert. It has an incredibly smooth, melt-in-your-mouth texture like nothing else. The name means "cooked cream." See more ideas about Panna cotta, Panna cotta recipe, Desserts. Panna cotta is how they call cooked cream in Italy, where this dessert is originally from.
Panna Cotta instructions
- Place the water into a small bowl..
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the water and set it aside to soften..
- In a small saucepan, add the heavy cream, half & half, and sugar, bringing it ti a simmer over medium heat..
- Turn the heat off and add the gelatin mixture..
- Whisk the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes or until the gelatin melts..
- Strain the mixture using a fine strainer..
- add the vanilla extract to the strained mixture..
- Divide the mixture between 4 containers..
- Cover the containers with plastic wrap..
- Refrigerate them for 4 to 6 hours or overnight..
- After the Panna Cotta are cold, they are ready to serve..
Panna Cotta is an Italian dessert that literally means "cooked cream". It contains just a few ingredients; cream (and/or milk), sugar, and vanilla that are set with gelatin. Discover delicious and easy to prepare panna cotta recipes from the expert chefs at Food Network. Get the taste of Italy's best dessert in your kitchen with these authentic panna cotta recipes. A collection of panna cotta recipes from Great British Chefs including panna cotta with summer berries, bubblegum panna cotta, caramel panna cotta with gingerbread and sweetcorn panna cotta.