Coconut Milk Panna Cotta. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. In a small bowl, whisk together gelatin and cold water. In a saucepan bring coconut milk and sugar to a simmer, whisking frequently, until dissolved.
Coconut panna cotta may be cooked ahead of time. Keep panna cotta covered or store in an airtight container to prevent it from absorbing any unwanted flavors from the fridge. If left out at room temperature for too long, the panna cotta will loosen. You can cook Coconut Milk Panna Cotta using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Milk Panna Cotta
- Prepare 500 ml of Coconut milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla essence.
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of Agar-agar flakes or powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Cashewnuts chopped extra for topping.
The base of this panna cotta is full-fat coconut milk. But what makes it solidify so that it can be turned upside down is the addition of Vital Proteins Gelatin. How is this coconut panna cotta recipe different? This recipe is for panna cotta is made with coconut milk and NO refined sugars.
Coconut Milk Panna Cotta instructions
- First of all, add agar-agar strands to about half a cup of water. Let it soak for 2-3 minutes. Then boil it on a low heat until dissolved, stirring at regular intervals..
- In another pan, bring coconut milk to a boil on low heat as well. Add sugar and keep stirring it to avoid burning at the bottom..
- Once agar-agar melts completely and becomes a homogenous solution, take it off the heat and add it to the pan with the milk. Mix well and add the chopped cashews to it. Now pour it into a glass dish or a baking pan..
- Top with some more cashews and allow it to set in the refrigerator for about 3-4 hours. Cover it with a cling wrap before refrigerating. After 3 hours, slice it and serve chilled to your loved ones and friends..
- An easy to make yummy dessert with a twist by me with the addition of nuts to it to make it a bit more Desi. This desi touch lends it a perfect crunch to make your tastebuds drool for more. You can add any of your favourite nuts as desired..
So it's dairy free and refined sugar free. Which makes this a PALEO COCONUT PANNA COTTA! You can of course use regular sugar for this recipe, or use honey, or coconut sugar, or agave, or maple syrup instead as well. However, this Keto Coconut Panna Cotta is much healthier and keto-friendly in comparison with your usual panna cotta. My recipe uses coconut milk as opposed to cream, resulting in a delicious dessert dish that is completely dairy-free and vegan-friendly!