Pandan Coconut Panna Cotta. The coconut panna cotta I had at a local cafe changed my perception towards this dessert recently. Although I do not fancy about sweet desserts, this panna cotta However, this luscious panna cotta I had blends seamlessly into the creamy texture of cream with the subtle and aromatic pandan flavor. You can, of course, add some whipped cream and sugar-free chocolate chips for topping, but this is delicious and filling to eat by itself.
A perfect panna cotta should be supple, on the verge of slumping, and super smooth. Modern Filipino Fusion Cuisine at the comfort of your home —Music— Track: Distrion & Electro-Light – Drakkar [NCS Release] Music provided by. Blend/process the pandan leaves with coconut cream. You can cook Pandan Coconut Panna Cotta using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pandan Coconut Panna Cotta
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Oil, to grease.
- Prepare 300 ml of Double Cream.
- It’s 2-3 of Pandan Leaves.
- You need 30 g of Caster Sugar.
- You need 3 sheets of Fine Leaf Gelatine.
- It’s of (for setting half a pint of water).
- You need 200 ml of Coconut Milk.
- You need 3 Tbsp of Desiccated Coconut.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Peanuts.
- You need 3 of Raspberries.
Drain to extract the thick liquid. Add this liquid into a pan with milk and sugar. Mix in the jelly powder and pour into moulds of any size you prefer. Once cooled down, let it set in the freezer.
Pandan Coconut Panna Cotta step by step
- Brush the moulds you are using lightly with oil..
- Put the cream into a saucepan with tied pandan leaves, then bring to the scalding point over a medium heat. Remove from the heat, add 30 grams of caster sugar and stir to dissolve. Set aside to infuse for 15-20 minutes..
- Soak the gelatine in cold water until soft, for about 5 minutes..
- Remove the pandan leaves from the infused cream and gently reheat over a low to medium heat..
- Squeeze the excess water out of the gelatine, then add the gelatine sheets to the warmed cream, stirring to dissolve. Strain the mixture into a bowl and add the coconut milk. Taste and add more sugar, if needed..
- Pour into moulds and chill in the fridge for at least three and a half hours, or ideally overnight..
- Toast the coconut and peanuts in a frying pan with medium heat. No need to add any oil. Take them out of the pan when they have a little colour. When they are cool, crush gently and leave aside..
- Half an hour before serving, take the panna cotta out of the fridge. To turn out, dip the moulds (to the rim), in warm water for 5-10 seconds, then remove and gently release the panna cotta from the mould to the serving plate..
- Assemble coconut, crushed peanuts, raspberries on the serving plate..
To serve, slide out the panna cotta and add the fruit. Directions Blend/process pandan leaves with coconut cream. Creamy Coconut Panna cotta that is easy to make and is PALEO and DAIRY FREE (and Vegan friendly). For this bi-layered coconut-pandan panna cotta, the gelatin was cooked with coconut cream. A second layer of pandan-flavored gelatin It might sound exotic and intimidating but panna cotta is simply gelatin cooked in cream, milk and sugar.