Vanilla Panna Cotta. Panna cotta is an Italian dessert meaning "cooked cream". It's a sweetened cream dessert thickened with gelatin. I think of it as cream jello, and it tastes like vanilla ice cream according to my kids.
Stir to combine and bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat. Panna cotta is an eggless custard, typically served unmolded. Michael Reidt's vanilla bean panna cotta is as creamy as a crème brûlée—so creamy A traditional, easy, and delicious Italian custard. You can cook Vanilla Panna Cotta using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vanilla Panna Cotta
- You need 1 teaspoon of unflavoured gelatin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of milk.
- You need 350 ml of heavy cream.
- You need 50 gram of sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need as needed of Cherries for serving.
I had a difficult time finding a good and easy recipe on the internet, so I made up my own recipe. It tastes just like the panna cotta served at Italian restaurants. Serve with warm hot fudge sauce and fresh raspberries on top. This keeps well for several days in the refrigerator.
Vanilla Panna Cotta instructions
- Sprinkle gelatin over the milk and stir.Set aside..
- In a small saucepan,combine heavy cream with sugar and cook over medium heat.Bring to a boil..
- Once the cream has almost reached the boiling point pour gelatin and milk into it and stir until it completely dissolved..
- Cook for 1 minute,stirring constantly..
- Remove from heat,stir in the vanilla extract and pour into individual ramekin molds..
- Cool the ramekins uncovered at room temperatue.When cool,cover with plastic wrap,and refrigerate overnight before serving..
- Top with cherries and enjoy..
Panna cotta, a molded chilled dessert popular throughout Italy, is easy to make and can be prepared in advance. It looks and tastes wonderful with ripe red fruits such as raspberries, strawberries. Panna cotta means 'cooked cream' in Italian. It includes very few ingredients, and is basically a simple mixture of cream, sugar, and vanilla. Gelatin is added to set the mixture and create a custard-like consistency.