Banana Pudding Ice-cream. Pour banana cream mixture into an ice maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Banana Pudding Ice Cream tastes like a delicious old-fashioned creamy treat with real banana flavor and wonderful pieces of Nilla wafers mixed in. New Orleans native Charlie Andrews demonstrates on how to make my delicious Banana pudding ice cream.
This banana pudding ice cream is amazing as is, but I decided to take it one step further and turn it into pie. I figured a Nilla wafer crust would be the perfect crunchy contrast to the custard. And garnished with a little wafer rim? You can cook Banana Pudding Ice-cream using 8 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Pudding Ice-cream
- You need 250 ml of full fat milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vanilla custard powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 100 ml of cold condensed milk.
- Prepare 4 of digestive biscuits.
- It’s 1 of medium ripe bananas cold – mashed.
- It’s 1 of medium ripe bananas sliced.
- It’s 200 ml of whipping Cream (cold).
This recipe for banana pudding ice cream is Southern culinary perfection. I say great dessert because the greatest dessert is obviously Banana Pudding Ice Cream. If this blog hasn't inspired you to buy an ice cream maker yet, this is the post that is going to do it. And since their banana pudding ice cream is now available, I decided that even if I couldn't buy it at the store, I could at least try to make a batch at home.
Banana Pudding Ice-cream instructions
- Add 3 tbsp milk from 250ml milk to 2 tbsp vanilla custard powder. make a paste.
- Boil remaining milk.
- Add 2 tbsp sugar and custard powder paste.
- Keep stirring on low flame until it thickens.
- Allow to cool completely. refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, add condensed milk and whipping cream. It's best to use whipping cream while making ice-creams, this will give ice-creams rich creamy texture like store brought.
- Blend well to form smooth peaks.
- Add prepared custard and blend well.
- Add mashed bananas and blend well to form smooth peaks'.
- Grind digestive biscuits to fine crumbs and keep it aside.
- Pour the prepared icecream in chilled container and level evenly.
- Place sliced bananas on top.
- Sprinkle digestive crumbs generously on top.
- Cover with cling wrap and close tightly with lid. Freeze for 6-7 hours.
- Take the ice-cream out, thaw for 3-4 minutes, scoop out the ice-cream in serving bowls.
- Serve cold.
I usually make my ice cream with just cream and half and half, and don't bother making a custard with eggs. Banana Pudding Ice Cream Recipe without using ice cream maker. Summer is the season to just indulge in scoops after scoops of your favorite ice cream, explore new flavors, and just lick it and enjoy. This ice cream is made with an Ice Cream Maker, my favorite one is this Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker. To give the banana flavor we're going to use…REAL banana!!!