Vegan Chia Kheer (Indian Pudding Dessert). Kheer is my favorite Indian dessert, but it's not a good choice for those of us who are lactose intolerant or vegan, so I created a vegan version of Kheer. If you are watching blood sugar levels, please omit raisins and use a low-GI sweetener such as coconut nectar or stevia to sweeten the pudding. Vegan Indian Desserts and Sweets Recipes.
Vegan Gluten-free Grain-free Soy-free Nut-free option This carrot pudding is is mix of gajar halwa and rice pudding. Chia Seed Pudding with vanilla is the BEST and perfect for a healthy vegan breakfast, dessert, to-go snacks & meals. The Best Vegan Indian Dessert Recipes on Yummly You can cook Vegan Chia Kheer (Indian Pudding Dessert) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Chia Kheer (Indian Pudding Dessert)
- You need 500 ml of Chilled coconut milk (carton type, not canned) or soy milk.
- Prepare 15 of threads Saffron.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Chia seeds.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Liquid sweetener.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Powdered cardamom.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Raw almonds (soaked in water for 8-12 hours).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Pistachios.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Raisins (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Shredded coconut.
Potato & Pea Samosa Cakes From I Could Never Go Vegan, Easy Vegetable Biryani, Red Lentil, Spinach & Potato Curry With Baobab. Instant Pot Kheer (Indian Rice Pudding)My Heart Beets. Kheer is Indian rice pudding made with only three basic ingredients- rice, milk and sugar. And I think that's the reason it is so commonly made in India because the basic ingredients are so readily available everywhere.
Vegan Chia Kheer (Indian Pudding Dessert) step by step
- Warm up 2 tablespoons of coconut milk (or soy milk). Add the saffron and set aside for some time..
- Place the remaining milk, chia seeds, liquid sweetener, cardamom, and Step 1 into a bowl..
- Combine well and place into the microwave overnight or at least 4-6 hours to chill..
- Remove from the refrigerator and stir well to get rid of any lumps. Pour into individual dishes..
- Finely chop the nuts with a knife and sprinkle onto the pudding with the raisins. Top with shredded coconut..
- Add some love and gratitude, and serve!.
I've made chia pudding using so many different plant milks, but homemade coconut milk is the best by far. It has more fat than other milks, but not as much as canned full-fat coconut milk. Chia seed pudding is very easy to make and can range from a simple breakfast to a decadent dessert, as you'll see below. The kheer turned out quite amazing. It looks a little browner than regular rice kheer, but that's because I use turbinado sugar which is brown and also because I added a bit of vanilla extract which I love in anything and which is particularly. ~ raw, vegan, gluten-free ~ What is Kheer?