Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Cherry Sauce. Panna cotta is one of my favorite desserts, equally delicious as a delicate dish all on its own or as a creamy canvas for seasonal fruits. Unlike eggy custards, panna cotta tastes like nothing but fresh milk and cream, plus whatever aromatics or seasonings you choose to add. For the panna cotta, soak the gelatine leaves in a little cold water until soft.
For the sauce, place the sugar, water and cherry liqueur into a pan and bring to the boil. Light and simple, panna cotta is all about texture. It should be a bit wobbly on the plate, and then melt quickly in your mouth. You can cook Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Cherry Sauce using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Cherry Sauce
- Prepare 500 Grams of Cream.
- You need 50 Grams of Sugar.
- You need 1 Pod of Vanilla.
- It’s 2.5 inches by 4.5 inches of Gelatine Sheets , approx . 3.
- You need 200 Grams of Cherries.
- Prepare 1.5 Tablespoons of Water.
- You need 0.5 Tablespoon of Lime Juice , freshly squeezed.
- It’s 1.5 Tablespoons of Sugar.
- You need 4 of Cherry , Garnish.
Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Creamy and silky panna cotta with strawberry and raspberry sauce. What makes the panna cotta kind of unique is the gelatin that is used to thicken the cooked heavy cream. The gelatin gives that kind of wiggle and light taste to this dessert.
Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Cherry Sauce step by step
- Soak the gelatine sheets separately in cold water for 5-7 minutes. Cut the vanilla pod into two lengthwise and scrape the contents of the pod with the back end of the knife. (See step 5).
- In a pot add cream, sugar, vanilla pod & vanilla seeds and simmer it over low heat for 15 minutes. Remove the pot from heat. Add gelatin after removing excess water to the hot cream. Mix till it is dissolved..
- Fill the cream mixture into the bowls and refrigerate it for 6 hours, preferably overnight..
- Cherry Sauce Bring to a boil cherries, water, limejuice & sugar and simmer it for 5-10 minutes. Puree it and let it pass through a sieve. Serve the panna cotta with cherry sauce and the reserved cherries as garnish..
- References http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panna_cottaHow to open and use a Vanilla Bean http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-use-a-whole-vanilla-bean-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-181511.
- Recipe for Panna Cotta http://www.whatsforlunchhoney.net/2006/08/cooking-school-2-panna-cotta.htmlRecipe for Cherry Saucehttp://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/1754531285140051/Kirschen-Panna-Cotta.html.
Everyone will LOVE this soft, creamy, silky dessert. The fresh berries coulis is an. All Reviews for Panna Cotta with Berry Sauce. Vanilla Panna Cotta is a great make-ahead, impressive dessert that is not only deliciously delightful, but so Place the cream, milk, sugar and vanilla bean in a medium sized pot over low heat, then add the When ready to serve, unmold each vanilla panna cotta onto a serving plate, and drizzle the. Panna cotta is an eggless custard, typically served unmolded.