Creamy Cream Cheese Panna Cotta. After all, cool-creamy against crunchy-crumbly equals delicious. Panna Cotta literally means "cream cooked" in Italian, and although it's often positioned as a traditional Northern Italian dessert, all evidence points to a rather short history. Milk, cream, and alternative dairies: However, you can use any combination of milk, cream, coconut milk, soy milk, almond milk — really any creamy liquid — to make panna cotta.
Panna cotta means 'cooked cream' in Italian. It includes very few ingredients, and is basically a simple mixture of cream, sugar, and vanilla. Gelatin is added to set the mixture and create a custard-like consistency. You can cook Creamy Cream Cheese Panna Cotta using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Cream Cheese Panna Cotta
- Prepare 100 grams of Cream cheese.
- It’s 100 ml of Heavy cream.
- You need 300 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 50 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Water (for gelatin).
- It’s 5 grams of Gelatin powder.
- You need 60 grams of Granulated sugar (for the caramel).
The final product is rich and silky smooth. Panna Cotta is a creamy Italian jello/pudding like dessert. It has an incredibly smooth, melt-in-your-mouth texture like nothing else. Panna Cotta can be made in advance so it is perfect for entertaining!
Creamy Cream Cheese Panna Cotta step by step
- Make the caramel sauce Divide up the granulated sugar used for the caramel into 4 parts..
- Add 1/4 of the granulated sugar to a pot, heat, and mix until it turns brown..
- Add the next fourth, and as soon as that turns brown add the next. Continue until you've added all the sugar. Once it starts to bubble, stop the heat..
- Pour into the ramekins while still hot..
- Dissolve the gelatin in water and set aside..
- Combine the cream cheese and granulated sugar and mix into a cream..
- Add lemon juice..
- Add half of the milk to a pot and heat to just before boiling. Add the gelatin and dissolve..
- Add the mixture from step 8 to step 7 a little at a time, then add the remaining milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Mix together..
- Pour the mixture from step 9 into the ramekins. Place in the refrigerator to cool. Once it stiffens, it's complete!.
This luxurious panna cotta is the result of one of those sessions. The key ingredient: Italian rose syrup, which provides a lovely, delicate floral flavor. In a small saucepan, combine the milk, cream and vanilla bean and seeds and bring to a boil. Cover and remove from the heat. Try this easy recipe for creamy panna cotta served with a simple raspberry sauce.