Badam Kheer (Almond Drink). Badam Kheer Drink Recipe or Badam Milk Recipe is fully flavoured with the goodness of almonds and saffron and is surely a treat to sip on. My Notes: Though the traditional badam kheer recipe is peeling the skin and grinding it. Sometimes I take the shortroute of just powdering almonds.
Badam kheer can be served warm or chilled. serve almond kheer as a dessert after meals. Badam kheer – Badam payasam is a creamy, rich and delicious Indian pudding made with almonds, milk, sugar, cardamoms and saffron. This dessert tastes divine and is great to make for any celebrations or festive occasions. You can cook Badam Kheer (Almond Drink) using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Badam Kheer (Almond Drink)
- You need 25 of Almond.
- You need 1 Litre of Milk.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Water.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 5 of Cardamom Crushed Green.
- You need 15 of Saffron (soaked in warm milk).
Badam kheer is made much similar to the popular Indian beverage. Some dishes are like teleporting device – which take you back home. Pour hot water over badam and let it sit for a hour. Make them into a smooth puree.
Badam Kheer (Almond Drink) step by step
- Soak almonds in hot water for 15 minutes and peel the skin and grind the almonds to a paste adding half a cup of water..
- Bring the milk to a boil in a heavy bottomed vessel and add the sugar and almond paste and then on low heat keep stirring once in awhile till the milk is reduced to 3/4th of its quantity. Ensure that you stir so that it will not burn..
- Add the crushed cardamom, soaked saffron and stir well.Turn off heat. Garnish with almonds and serve hot/chilled..
Take milk in a sauce pan and heat it up. Now add in badam paste and sugar mix well. Bowl milk and soak the saffron separately in lukewarm milk. Keep boiling the milk in low flame. Boil water and add almonds to it.