Sig's Bread and Butter Pudding #myfavouriterecipes. Day-old bread works best in this recipe. It also happens to be a hot favourite at Mumbai's Irani restaurants. The best thing with this pudding is its versatility – feel free to use any type of bread you have hanging around the kitchen.
One key difference between this Australian/English version and. My mum made this exact recipe for us growing up. Like a lot of traditional dishes this recipe came about as a way to use up leftover, day-old bread. You can cook Sig's Bread and Butter Pudding #myfavouriterecipes using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sig's Bread and Butter Pudding #myfavouriterecipes
- It’s 125 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 6 of egg yolk.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 250 grams of homemade bread crumbs,made from breakfast rolls.
- It’s 1/4 liter of milk.
- You need 125 grams of each, currants,raisins, ground almonds or other nuts.
- It’s 200 ml of brown rum.
- It’s 6 of egg whites.
- It’s 1 of recipe for sauce.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 1/2 liter of red or rose wine,(only use one you would drink).
- You need 185 grams of sugar.
Beat eggs slightly in medium bowl; mix in granulated sugar, vanilla and salt. First, remove the edges from the bread. When we went out to eat, bread pudding was my choice dessert. I eventually found out how it was made and have enjoyed making, eating and serving it since.
Sig's Bread and Butter Pudding #myfavouriterecipes step by step
- Mix butter together with sugar and yolk until creamy, fold gently under then add the bread crumbs and milk,add raisins,currants and almonds. Whisk the egg white to a almost solid form and lift under..
- Grease your pudding or cake pan (2 ltr) and cover with dust with some bread crumbs..
- Fill to 3/4 with mixture. cover tightly with tin foil and add to big sauce pan. fill halfway up to the pudding pan with water.cover lot with lid.Simmer for about 1 hour,than leave standing for 15 minutes on stove..
- For the sauce mix all ingredients and heat gently whisking all the time until thickened,when thickened take of heat and whisk some more. Serve at once and enjoy..
Stir in the sugar, egg yolk and water. Christmas pudding is the traditional end to Christmas dinner. But what if you were a bit subversive this year? Slice, layer in a baking pan and bath in a cream and egg mixture. It's already sweet so you just need to add.