Easy southern bread pudding. Find Recipe For Simple Bread Pudding. Search for Recipe For Simple Bread Pudding. Find Deals on Community Coffee Southern Bread Pudding in Beverages on Amazon.
Place raisins in a small bowl; pour water over. This Southern Bread Pudding is one of my absolute favorite desserts! It is simple to make and sometimes doubles as breakfast at my house. You can have Easy southern bread pudding using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy southern bread pudding
- It’s 5 cup of Stale bread cubed.
- It’s 2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 2 1/4 cup of Milk.
- You need 3 of Eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 cup of Raisins.
- You need 1 tbsp of Butter.
It warms up well or can be eaten cold. Remove from the oven and serve warm. Any type of bread makes a neutral base for a flavorful custard; use day-old sliced whole-wheat, raisin or sourdough. Chewy dried fruit adds a contrasting texture to the tender softness of the pudding.
Easy southern bread pudding step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour milk over bread cubes and allow the bread to absorb the milk.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar until blended and smooth. Add cinnamon and vanilla to mixture and stir. Stir in raisins (egg mixture will be thick).
- Using the back of a spoon, mash the bread cubes until the mixture is crumbly. Pour the egg mixture over the bread mixture and stir well.
- Coat a 9 x 13 cake pan with butter, then add batter to pan and bake on 350 for 1hr or until golden brown. (cooking times will vary by oven).
A beloved recipe for bread pudding, rich with milk and eggs, and chock-full of raisins, was found tucked away in a family Bible for safekeeping. It has a smooth vanilla sauce for serving warm over the pudding, too. Pour bread mixture into prepared pan. For today's bread pudding project with the kids, I wanted a simple, unadorned bread pudding recipe. A short list of ingredients, easy instructions, and amazing results.