Microwave Old Fashioned Rice Pudding. Stir in rice, raisins and vanilla. Stir in vanilla and transfer to serving dish; sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired. Place first four ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Stir in rice, raisins and vanilla. This recipe is very poor because the cooking times for the basic rice pudding are way out and the method is rubbish. Add the cooked rice, and stir until well-combined. You can have Microwave Old Fashioned Rice Pudding using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Microwave Old Fashioned Rice Pudding
- Prepare 2 cups of L/O cooked rice.
- You need 3 of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt (optional).
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raisins.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cinnamon or nutmeg.
Divide the mixture between two tall mugs. Make sure the rice is cooked ahead of time. And raisins if you want, we prefer without ;). Microwave Old Fashioned Rice Pudding Recipe by Sheila Calnan..
Microwave Old Fashioned Rice Pudding instructions
- In a 2 quart microwavable casserole or bowl, mix beaten eggs with milk, sugar and salt..
- Stir in rice, raisins and vanilla..
- Cook uncovered on high 8-10 minutes. Stir every 1-2 mins..
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg and let stand 3o minutes, without stirring. Serve warm or chilled..
For a long time, I felt the same way about rice pudding, Rice to me belonged in stir-fry, not in dessert. And then a wacky twist of fate brought my new love and I together. Rice pudding really is a formula recipe like baking. Do not use non fat milk artificial sweeteners or regular rice and expect this to turn out thick and creamy. I made sure not to boil it at the end as stated so it did not separate.