AMIEs Cheese Caramel Leche Flan. Filipino leche flan is a rich custard made with egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk served with a syrupy caramel topping. Leche flan is a popular Filipino dessert. It is a custard that is coated in a sweet and sticky caramel sauce.
Flan has been a staple of Mexican and Yes, you can overcook flan. Overcooking your flan will result in a rubbery, eggy final product. A reliable way to test flan and baked custards for doneness. You can cook AMIEs Cheese Caramel Leche Flan using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of AMIEs Cheese Caramel Leche Flan
- It’s of Caramel.
- You need 1/2 cup of (100gr) brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of (60ml) water.
- You need of base.
- Prepare 5 of eggyolks.
- You need 1 can of condensed milk.
- You need 1 can of fresh milk (use can of ur condensed milk for measurement).
- You need 125 grams of cream cheese, softened.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Leche Flan or Creme Caramel is a Filipino dessert made with egg yolks, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. It is steamed in small baking pan called Llanera. Leche Flan is a dessert made-up of eggs and milk with a soft caramel on top. If you love cheesecake AND flan, this cream cheese flan is for you.
AMIEs Cheese Caramel Leche Flan instructions
- Put the sugar and water together in a small saucepan. Caramelize the sugar over low heat, stirring continously. Pour the syrup into an oven-proof baking dish, and spread the syrup evenly. Set aside to allow the caramel to harden. You can caramelize the sugar directly to your baking dish..
- Beat the eggyolks, gradually add the cream cheese, milk and vanilla extract, beating continously until smooth..
- Pour the mixture into the caramel-lined dish, cover with aluminum foil and place in a "bain marie" (bagno maria). Bake in a pre-heated, moderate oven at 175ºC (350ºF) for 60-70 minutes..
- Remove the dish from the oven. Chill before serving..
- To serve, run spatula or a knife along the edge of the mold to loosen the caramel. Transfer to a serving plate. Share and enjoy!.
Rich and smooth with a sweet caramel sauce, it's your two favorite desserts rolled into one delicious sweet treat! Leche flan is the Filipino version of French creme caramel. This easy to make custard is slowly baked in a water bath and chilled overnight before eating. Leche flan is traditionally baked in a liyanera or llanera, an oval tin pan. These tin pans can be found in various sizes and shapes.