Tex's Ez British Bread & Butter Pudding 🍞🍮🇬🇧. This is a list of bread products made in or originating from Britain. Must try dishes, the ultimate bucket list for bread lovers. Bread Baking Instructional Videos, Recipes, and Baking Equipment and Supplies.
The separated sector is a scone. This is a 'list of notable British breads. This recipe IS the British Bread pudding that we all grew up on smells and tastes fantastic. You can have Tex's Ez British Bread & Butter Pudding 🍞🍮🇬🇧 using 7 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tex's Ez British Bread & Butter Pudding 🍞🍮🇬🇧
- You need As needed of thin or medium sliced white bread.
- Prepare As needed of butter.
- You need As needed of milk.
- You need 1 of large tin of custard (Crème Anglaise).
- Prepare As needed of raisins and/or sultanas.
- Prepare As needed of demerara sugar.
- It’s To taste of cinnamon (optional).
I also used left over cake (i carve and make Birthday cakes) If Darvulya Plum pudding or christmas pudding as we brits call it is made from Suet and is steamed. This recipe IS the British Bread pudding that we all. Most people will describe British foods as bland and stodgy. Alright, I'm not selling it to you, right!
Tex's Ez British Bread & Butter Pudding 🍞🍮🇬🇧 instructions
- Butter your bread and remove the crusts if you like..
- Slice bread diagonally if it will help your layering in the pie dish.
- Begin stacking in an oven proof dish, buttered side up. Cut some pieces to get a good fit if necessary A square or rectangular dish is easier to stack in.
- When you have one layer in place, scatter on a small helping of the dried fruit.
- Repeat until your dish is full.
- Simmer your custard for 4-5 minutes, stirring in a little milk until the custard thins to a consistency that will soak easily in to the bread….
- …pour in enough custard so that it pools a little. Allow to sink in and soak the bread for about 30 minutes..
- Check occasionally to see if the dish needs topping up with custard as it soaks in to the bread.
- Remove any excess custard from the top with a spoon, or top up with extra if necessary. Allow to sit again, preferably for at least another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/175°C (375°F).
- Scatter with demerara sugar, some cinnamon if using, and even some citrus peel if you fancy a little extra tang, then pop in the oven.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until it turns golden brown with a nice crust, and the filling has puffed up a little.
- Serve hot, with jam and any left over custard….
- By the way, don't forget to put your butter away… 😸.
What the UK calls bread is not what I call bread. To my friends' endless amusement, I've taken to naming it "untoasted toast" because that is exactly what the consistency, colour and structural stability are like. Only that it doesn't even taste like toast if you toast it, but it's the best name I've got. Day-old bread works best in this recipe. Most relevant Best selling Latest uploads.