Easy Caramel Sauce for Custard Flans. Flan is the Spanish name for vanilla egg custard topped with caramel sauce. Flan makes a great finish to any meal because, even though it is sweet, it's also a light dessert. Creme caramel/flan is one of the easiest desserts that we can make at home.
Then add milk to it and again blend. Flan (also called crème caramel or caramel custard) is a custard dessert with a layer of caramel sauce. Flan has been a staple of Mexican and Latin American cuisine since Spaniards brought it to Mexico during the Spanish occupation. You can have Easy Caramel Sauce for Custard Flans using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Caramel Sauce for Custard Flans
- It’s 40 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Water (to add at the beginning).
- It’s 1 of to 2 tablespoons ●Water (to add later).
Flan, also known as crème caramel, is a rich, sweet custard topped with caramel sauce. It's similar to the French custard dessert, crème brûlée, only it is a If you're looking for easy and delicious ways to use them up, check out my forgotten kisses (chocolate chip meringue cookies) and coconut macaroons. Creme Caramel Custard, Flan Easy to follow instructions on how to make a silky smooth dessert to die for! Dreamy layers of Lady Fingers, creamy vanilla pudding, peaches, raspberry sauce, whipped cream and meringue cookies.
Easy Caramel Sauce for Custard Flans instructions
- Measure the sugar and 1 tablespoon of water, and put into a pan. You don't have to dissolve the sugar. Measure out the ● water you will add later, and prepare in a cup..
- Start heating over a medium-high heat. It will gradually bubble up..
- Keep watching it, and you'll see it starting to brown from the edges..
- When all of the syrup has browned, turn off the heat. It will keep cooking and the flavor will continue to deepen, so watch out! If you like bitter caramel wait for a while before adding the water. If you prefer less bitter caramel or you're serving this to little kiddies, add the ● water immediately. It will splatter, so be careful..
- Shake the pan to even out the consistency of the mixture. If you added too much water, put the pan back on the heat to evaporate some..
- Pour the caramel sauce into flan or pudding cups while it's still hot. If you don't add it right away, it will harden! Swirl the cups around so that the sauce is evenly distributed. When the surface of the sauce hardens and no longer sticks to your fingers when you touch it, add the flan mixture and get going!.
This easy caramel flan recipe, a wobbly milk-and-egg custard with a crown of sticky caramel, makes a memorable finish to any meal. These can be difficult to find outside Spain, but you can substitute individual-sized ramekins or small custard cups. Japanese caramel custard pudding is called "Purin". Purin calls for only a few ingredients and is easy to make. You need sugar and water to make caramel sauce for Purin.