Easy Black Sesame Pudding. Black sesame seeds are naturally sweet and have a deliciously unique flavor. In Thailand and other parts of Southeast-Asia, puddings like this one are often referred to as "dessert soups" or "gruel," as they are much thinner in texture than a Western-style pudding. Using sesame paste, you can easily make the Black Sesame Pudding with a smooth texture.
Black sesame is considered to be healthy especially for hair and kidney. However the most precious memory for me was waiting my grandmother to buy some black sesame soup powder from the vendor who was hawking outside. This healthy soup is perfect for breakfast or booting afternoon. You can cook Easy Black Sesame Pudding using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Black Sesame Pudding
- You need 50 grams of Black sesame paste.
- You need 70 grams of Sugar.
- You need 300 ml of Milk.
- You need 5 grams of Powdered gelatin.
- You need 50 ml of Hot water.
Black sesame soup is a variety of Chinese dessert soup (or tong sui), commonly served after meals, as a mid afternoon snack and, of course, with dim sum. Delicious puddings for that special dessert. Black sesame paste, an Asian treat, adds sweet nuttiness. If you can't find it at a supermarket near you, make your own.
Easy Black Sesame Pudding step by step
- Put the black sesame paste, sugar, and 100 ml of milk in a heat-resistant bowl, then heat until the paste dissolves. Stir while heating..
- Pour in the rest of the milk a little at a time, and mix well..
- Thoroughly dissolve the powdered gelatin, add to the mixture, mix well, then pour into individual serving cups. Chill in the refrigerator, then serve when the gelatin sets..
ALLOW the rice pudding to cool. It will thicken greatly as it sits. Sesame Seeds – Black sesame seeds may or may not be found at your local grocery store but can usually be found at an Asian supermarket or a specialty grocery store. It can also be purchased online as well here. Black Sesame Dumplings (Tang Yuan) – This recipe calls for a perfect dessert with sweet black sesame paste dumplings served in ginger syrup.