Easy and Smooth Sweet Potato Pudding. This smooth and delicious sweet potato pudding combines brown sugar and spices to make a dessert flavorful enough to follow a holiday dinner. Think sweet potato pie but a bit lighter without the crust. Serve it still warm from the oven for a fall or winter finish but don't restrict this nutritious treat to your cold-weather menus; the homey dish tastes just as delicious served chilled in the.
That's because I considered the sweetness of the caramel. How to Make Healthy Sweet Potato Pudding Step-by-Step. Here's a look at the process of making this simple Sweet Potato Pudding. You can have Easy and Smooth Sweet Potato Pudding using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy and Smooth Sweet Potato Pudding
- You need 1 medium of Sweet potato (peeled).
- You need 70 of to 80 grams Light brown sugar (caster sugar).
- It’s 500 ml of Milk.
- You need 4 of Eggs.
- You need 100 ml of Heavy cream (or whipped cream).
- Prepare 1 dash of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 60 grams of ◆Granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of to start + 1 tablespoon later ◆Water.
It's so easy if you have the sweet potato ready to go! Add the ingredients to a standard blender and blend smooth. Or into a wide-mouth Mason jar or large measuring cup and blend smooth with an immersion blender. Sweet potato pudding is an easy recipe to make all year long.
Easy and Smooth Sweet Potato Pudding step by step
- Heat the ◆ granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon of water in a pot. Shake to caramelize, and turn the heat off when golden brown. Now add the other 1 tablespoon of water..
- Grease the pan or tin with melted butter (unlisted) and pour in the caramel. I used two small cake pans..
- Peel the sweet potatoes and soak in water to remove any scum. Then add them to a pot of water and boil. Cook until a chopstick goes through a piece easily (reduce any excessive water). If you'd like, you could microwave the potatoes instead..
- Add light brown sugar into the milk. Heat to dissolve the sugar, but take care not to boil..
- Put the sweet potatoes into a food processor or a blender. Add milk in batches and blend until smooth..
- Combine the smooth sweet potato, eggs, and the rest of the milk. Mix well..
- Also add heavy cream and the vanilla extract. Add some rum if you'd like..
- Pass through a strainer. This makes it really smooth Preheat oven to 160℃. Boil some water to use as a hot bath later..
- Pour carefully into the pan. You could also use ramekins or cups..
- Cover with aluminum foil to prevent the pudding getting hard and losing its creamy texture..
- Fill a flat container or a cooking sheet with hot water. Steam-bake in 160℃ oven. The water should ideally be as high as the pudding mixture..
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes when using ramekins, and 50 to 60 minutes when using cake pans..
- It should jiggle a bit when shaken. Chill to harden completely..
- If you whip up half of the remaining heavy cream, it goes really well with the pudding..
- Caramel tablets really come in handy when using small containers. Easy and Homemade! For pudding Caramel tablets. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/144907-easy-homemade-caramel-tablets-for-custard-pudding.
Arthur from PBS KIDS can show you how to cook with your kids to make this recipe at PBS Food. I'm going to begin this post with a little background on what inspired this sweet potato pudding recipe. While I love nearly all glutenous, dairy-filled desserts out there, I've learned that they actually don't sit well with me 🙁. How to Make Sweet Potato Pudding (Note: I've outlined the step-by-step for this easy sweet potato pudding recipe here, but find the full recipe, ingredients, and directions at the end of this post. Cut sweet potato into chunks (peel if not organic).