Made with Strained Yogurt: Simple and Rich Chocolate Mousse. Chocolate mousse made with creamy Greek yogurt. Lower fat and calories than traditional chocolate mousse. A few days ago, when we were out for dinner at our favorite local restaurant, my stepdaughter ordered a rich and decadent chocolate mousse cake for dessert.
Rich and chocolately there is something just so satisfying about it. But given that it's made with a tonne of double cream and quite often a mound. Fold the yogurt into the chocolate mixture using a spatula until thoroughly combined, then stir in the (I made the yoghurt by straining regular whole milk yoghurt for about three hours.) I love dark chocolate and greek yoghurt. You can cook Made with Strained Yogurt: Simple and Rich Chocolate Mousse using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Made with Strained Yogurt: Simple and Rich Chocolate Mousse
- It’s 60 grams of Bitter chocolate.
- It’s 60 grams of Strained yogurt (unsweetened).
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
I thought the idea of this simpler mousse was a great idea so I tried. A delicious, light and healthier Chocolate Mousse recipe made with greek yogurt. Great for kids, this makes a really simple but very tasty summer dessert! Photo: James Ransom. by Maria Speck.
Made with Strained Yogurt: Simple and Rich Chocolate Mousse step by step
- Separate the egg yolk and egg white. Use a hand mixer to briskly whip the egg white until it forms stiff peaks, and leave the egg yolk as-is (it will stick to the bowl if you beat it)..
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in a double boiler. Add the strained yogurt and stir well with a whisk, then add egg yolk and combine..
- Use a whisk in Step 2 instead of a hand mixer, so that the chocolate doesn't fly about. I know this from experience..
- Add the beaten egg white, and mix with a rubber spatula while scraping the chocolate around the edges. Gently mix so that the specks disappear, but the bubbles do not..
- Divide the mousse into 2 ramekins, chill in the fridge for 2 hours to solidify, and serve ☆. Don't worry, it won't taste sour at all..
- Tip: If you are using induction cooktop, you can place the bowl directly on the burner and simply melt the chocolate over low heat. I always do this to save time..
- Tip: When straining the yogurt, place it into a coffee filter and let it sit overnight. Or, do it in your preferred manner..
- Tip: If the chocolate hardens in Step 2, immerse it in a hot water bath or put it on top of an induction stove to make it soft and easy to mix..
Not only is this mousse quicker and more casual to make than the frillier traditional French version, but serious lovers of dark chocolate may also find themselves liking it more. Flavor Greek-style yogurt with chocolate and raspberries for a low-calorie, great tasting mousse. Cocoa powder adds MUFAs, the yogurt is rich in CLAs, and the raspberries pack plenty of fiber to make this a guiltless treat. This Greek yogurt, honey, and white chocolate mousse cake is served with plenty of fresh fruit and a light drizzling of extra honey. An easy chocolate mousse recipe made healthier with a secret ingredient.