Easy Douhua (Tofu Pudding) with Soy Milk and Powdered Agar-agar (Anmitsu-style). Agar Agar powder is mainly used for almond tofu in China. Now there is a newly version using GDL(葡萄糖内脂). It helps to Uncooked soy milk is harmful to our healthy.
Add agar-agar powder, stirring until dissolved. Pour warm soy milk and vanilla extract into agar-agar I never thought of making soy bean pudding with store-bought soy milk. Tofu Pudding aka Tofu Fa, Douhua, or Soy Pudding is a super popular Ancient Chinese snack/dessert. You can cook Easy Douhua (Tofu Pudding) with Soy Milk and Powdered Agar-agar (Anmitsu-style) using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Douhua (Tofu Pudding) with Soy Milk and Powdered Agar-agar (Anmitsu-style)
- You need 1 ml of Soy milk at room temperature (sweetened or unprocessed).
- It’s 4 grams of Kanten powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare of Use any toppings you like such as.
- You need 1 of Store bought anmitsu syrup (or honey, condensed milk, diet sweetener).
- You need 1 of Cooked sweet aduki beans.
- Prepare 1 of Kinako.
According to historical records, its Instant Pot Tofu Pudding Experiment. For the method please watch the video. If you have followed my recipe with success, please give a thumbs up. Use fresh soy milk to make the Tofu Pudding with Ginger Syrup.
Easy Douhua (Tofu Pudding) with Soy Milk and Powdered Agar-agar (Anmitsu-style) step by step
- Bring 500 ml of soy milk at room temperature, powdered kanten and sugar in a large sauce pan. Stir with a wooden spatula over medium heat and heat for 2 minutes to dissolve the kanten and sugar (ensure that the mixture does not burn at the bottom)..
- Tilt the sauce pan and check the bottom of the pan to see if there is any powdered kanten left! If it hasn't melted yet, continue heating..
- After checking if the kanten has completely dissolved, remove from heat. Add the remaining 500 ml of soy milk and stir with a wooden spatula..
- Transfer to a bowl or tupperware container and leave to cool (if the fridge has a enough room to accommodate the pan, leave the mixture in the pan). If you find any bubbles or fine film on top, remove. The result will look better..
- Spoon to a serving dish once the mixture is set. Serve with your favorite toppings..
Fresh soy milk yields a soft-set pudding with a really silky texture. (In the future, I'll share another Tofu Pudding recipe using agar-agar or gelatin which can be made with any brand of soy milk.) This sweet tofu pudding recipe is easy and fail-proof. Both soy milk and doufu hua are excellent for the scorching hot and humid weather back home. To make the best homemade tofu pudding, you need a good master soy milk, which is a richer soy milk. I am making some soy pudding with agar agar powder and soy milk. I have dissolved the powder into soy milk and simmer for a while.