For Halloween Easy Whole Kabocha Squash Custard Pudding. We are making delicious Pumpkin Pudding for Halloween. From kabocha salad, creamy kabocha soup, kabocha stir fry to kabocha squash pie, this Japanese pumpkin is amazingly versatile! Who said bread pudding has to be for dessert?
This sweet, creamy and delicious recipe is an all time favorite dish for people. Place kabocha squash wedges cut-side up in a baking pan. Kabocha squash is a staple of Japanese cuisine. You can cook For Halloween Easy Whole Kabocha Squash Custard Pudding using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of For Halloween Easy Whole Kabocha Squash Custard Pudding
- It’s 1 of Kabocha squash.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 200 ml of Milk.
- It’s 30 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 80 ml of Heavy cream.
- You need 1 dash of Vanilla extract.
In restaurants, you may have enjoyed it dipped in tempura batter and fried, or slow simmered in hot While available year round, kabocha squash's true season is late summer to early fall. Look for it at Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, your local Asian grocer. Japanese caramel custard pudding is called "Purin". Purin calls for only a few ingredients and is easy But the pudding in western countries and Japanese purin are quite different, they are not the same thing.
For Halloween Easy Whole Kabocha Squash Custard Pudding step by step
- Wrap kabocha with plastic wrap and microwave at 600W for 4 minutes..
- Slice off the top of the kabocha. The part where stem is has a hole so cut below..
- Cut around the yellow flesh with knife..
- Remove seeds and hollow out the flesh with spoon. Place the chunks of squash into a heatproof dish for microwaving..
- Carve a face in the pumpkin skin..
- Put the dish with kabocha in the microwave 600W for 3 minutes. Allow to cool down..
- Preheat oven to 340°F/170°C.
- Meanwhile, crack eggs in a bowl, add sugar and stir..
- Place the softened kabocha and half of the milk into a blender and pulse. Transfer the resulting mixture into a saucepan. Pour the remaining milk into the same blender, blend, and then transfer to the saucepan..
- Pour the egg mixture, heavy cream and vanilla into the saucepan. Mix over low heat. Pour this mixture into the kabocha..
- Place kabocha into a heatproof dish and place this on a deep baking tray filled to 3 cm deep with simmering water. Bake in the oven preheated to 340°F/170°C for 35 minutes..
- Once it cools down, chill in the fridge Enjoy eating the whole pumpkin. You can also eat the skin..
Japanese pudding "Purin" is more like creme. This roasted kabocha squash is the perfect side. Made with low carb, high fiber kabocha squash and a hint of sweetness from maple syrup and cinnamon. Kabocha squash is one of my favorite winter squashes. It's sweet yet savory and honestly the perfect addition to a wide variety of recipes!