Seviyaan Kheer/Sev Ni Kheer/Vermicelli Kheer. Seviyaan kheer/ Sev ni kheer/Vermicelli kheer is my one of the favorite dessert. Kheer is a pudding prepared by cooking rice, oats, vermicelli, poha Vermicelli is known as sev or seviyaan in India. Seviyaan kheer can be enjoyed hot or chilled.
Seviyan kheer also known as vermicelli kheer is a must at any festival at our place. making vermicelli kheer is very easy and does not take much time. this is an easy recipe to make vermicelli kheer Kheer or Firni is a pudding , originating from the Indian subcontinent. Made by boiling milk and sugar & other ingredients ( rice, wheat, tapioca. You can cook Seviyaan Kheer/Sev Ni Kheer/Vermicelli Kheer using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Seviyaan Kheer/Sev Ni Kheer/Vermicelli Kheer
- You need 2 cup of vermicelli wheat vermicelli.
- You need 2 l of full fat milk You can use low fat milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar or more as per sweetness needed.
- It’s 1.5 tbsp of ghee clarified butter.
- You need 2 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need 1 tsp of saffron strands.
- It’s 1/4 cup of almonds blanched, skin removed and slivered.
- You need 1 tbsp of pistachio blanched, skin removed and slivered.
Seviyan kheer or Semiyan payasam is a creamy and delicious dessert that you can put together in a cinch. That is why it is perfect for potlucks. Kheer or Payasam or Payasa as they call it in some regional dialects is typically made of milk, sugar, and rice. In some regions, they replace rice with.
Seviyaan Kheer/Sev Ni Kheer/Vermicelli Kheer step by step
- Heat ghee/clarified butter in a big thick bottom pot on a medium heat. Once the ghee is melted, lower the heat and add broken vermicelli /seviyaan to it. Roast vermicelli on low heat till turns golden. The vermicelli will become golden in 2-4 minutes.
- Pour the milk over it and mix well. Cook the milk on medium heat. Continously stir the milk to avoid the milk and vermicelli from sticking to the bottom of the pan. The milk and vermicelli will start to boil after 8-10 minutes. Add sugar once the milk start to boiling. Mix well and cook till sugar gets dissolve and vermicelli softens..
- The vermicelli will start to float on the milk. Add the blanched and chopped almonds and pistachios to the milk. Mix well. Add nutmeg powder. Mix well..
- Add cardamom powder and mix well. Add saffron strands and mix well. Mix well and cook till the milk thickens..
- The vermicelli kheer is ready to serve. Serve the seviyan kheer/sev ni kheer/vermicelli kheer hot or chilled..
Seviyan=vermicelli, so for this kheer, seviyan were first roasted in ghee and then cooked in milk and sweetened with sugar. Very similar to Sheer Khurma except that sheer khurma is more rich with addition of dates and nuts. Making kheer in the instant pot is truly life changing. It's popular for festive occasions like Eid. Seviyan Kheer is yet another delicious addition to my growing collection of Pakistani desserts.