Rice Kheer. Delicious Rice Kheer with step by step photos. Rice Kheer is one of the popular kheer made in north india along with seviyan kheer. Creamy and aromatic Rice Kheer aka Indian Rice Pudding is made with basic ingredients, and is the quintessential Indian I can't believe it took me so long to share a basic rice kheer recipe on the blog.
We make kheer at home during festive. Learn how to make Rice Kheer at home with The Bombay Chef – Varun Inamdar only on Rajshri Food. Shower sweetness in this festive season with sweet and. You can have Rice Kheer using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rice Kheer
- It’s 6 cups of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of water helps to avoid burning.
- It’s 1/4 cup of rice.
- It’s 6-8 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder or elaichi (about 2 to 3 pods).
- It’s 10-15 of cashews.
- Prepare 20-25 of almonds chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoon of sweet raisins (optional).
This is a very flavorful Basmati rice pudding made with coconut milk, raisins, cardamom, and toasted almonds and pistachios. It's the best rice pudding I've ever had, and very easy to make! Rice kheer is a common household sweet made for almost all festivals. Chawal ki kheer, also known as rice payasam in South India, is a famous and most commonly prepared Indian sweet.
Rice Kheer step by step
- Pour ¼ cup water to a large heavy bottom pot. This prevents kheer from getting scorched at the bottom. Boil the milk..
- Soak rice in water for about twenty minutes. Add drained rice and begin to cook on a medium flame until the rice is soft, completely cooked and lightly mushy..
- Keep stirring often to prevent the milk getting scorched at the bottom. Stir in the sugar and continue to cook until the rice kheer turns thick..
- Add cardamom powder, rose water and nuts. Stir and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Turn off when the rice kheer reaches a desired consistency. Kheer thickens once it cools down. Garnish rice kheer with more nuts and serve..
Kheer Recipe: Kheer is a rice pudding made across India, it is simlar to rice payasam made in south Indian homes. One of the most favourite Indian dessert rice kheer can. Kheer, a creamy rice pudding, is one of my favorite desserts to make and eat. It requires just a few essential ingredients: rice, milk and sugar. I almost always have those three ingredients at my house.