T's Eggless Bread Pudding from Underdone Bread. The Only Place To Get The Biggest Black Friday Savings! Great recipe for T's Eggless Bread Pudding from Underdone Bread. A few days back I decided to bake some bread.
If you like custard then this pudding is just for you, both mittu and gugu love custard based desserts and I made this keeping them in mind and as I guessed they just loved it. Most of the bread pudding contains eggs, just like some of them I have shared, though there are some eggless options as well. No Bake Crunchy Pineapple Bread Pudding (Eggless) Bread Coconut Milk Pudding. You can cook T's Eggless Bread Pudding from Underdone Bread using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of T's Eggless Bread Pudding from Underdone Bread
- Prepare 1 loaf of bread (underdone, stale, overdone, brown, white just any bread).
- You need of Milk (enough to soak all the bread).
- It’s 3 tsp of sweetened milk solids.
- It’s 5 Tbsp of Brown sugar.
- You need 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- Prepare 4 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 pinch of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 cup of muesli.
- It’s of Honey or cream.
I used Brown & Polson Custard powder in vanilla flavor. These days you get custards in so many flavors you can use any flavor and may be. The eggless custard is easy to make and this recipe can be used as a custard base for any recipe that involves custard. No custard powder is added to prepare the custard.
T's Eggless Bread Pudding from Underdone Bread step by step
- Break down bread into bite-sized pieces and line along the bottom of a baking tin..
- Add cinnamon sticks and nutmeg to milk and bring the milk to a nice boil. (Note: I used 2 and a half cups of milk for bread that lined about 2 inches of my baking tin, 7"-7" in size)..
- Add cloves and sprinkle brown sugar over the layer of bread in the tin. (Note: I needed about 5 tablespoons of sugar for my pudding).
- Take the milk off heat once it starts to boil and add milk soilds to it while stirring continously so the soilds do not form lumps..
- Pour the cinnamon-nutmeg infused milk into the baking tin so it submerges all bread and let it all rest for a good 15 minutes. Check the pudding for sweetness and add more sugar if required..
- Spread a generous amount of muesli over bread and milk layer to add a little crunch to the pudding. (I used nuts and honey muesli)..
- Bake until the top is a nice, golden and crusty at 250°C for 30-40 minutes and then turn down the heat to 150°C and bake the pudding for an additional 10 minutes so all the milk has either gotten soaked into the bread or evaporated..
- Take the pudding out of the oven and let it cool down to room temperature. Cut it into small pieces..
- Enjoy warm with a little runny honey-water syrup or cold with some fresh cream..
- Optional: The pudding can also be topped with blueberry marmalade or anything similar, POST BAKING, instead of using muesli. Raisins can also be added to the pudding before baking it. Sugar should be adjusted only after adding milk solids to the pudding as it contains sugar too..
Bread Pudding is also available at the various "Irani" restaurants that dot the Mumbai landscape. Bun-Maska, Omlette-Pav, Bread Pudding, and Chai rule at these quaint eating joints, at least, as far as us eggitarians are concerned! This is an eggless version of this Mumbai favourite. How to Make Eggless Bread Pudding. It also happens to be a hot favourite at Mumbai's Irani restaurants.