Caramel Custard (Eggless) or Caramel Bread Pudding. Delicious and such a easy pudding which taste so yummy. It is one of the best desert you can make with bread. I have been eyeing on this recipe for a long time.
The smaller the better as then they can be easily Seems great! Can I replace vanilla and corn starch with custard powder? Also for caramel what will work better- white. You can have Caramel Custard (Eggless) or Caramel Bread Pudding using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Caramel Custard (Eggless) or Caramel Bread Pudding
- It’s 3 slices of bread.
- You need 4 tbspn of custard powder.
- It’s 3/4 th cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s for of caramel.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
Caramel bread pudding recipe with homemade caramel sauce and it is eggless version. Just steaming over stove top, no oven. I remember I ate pudding for the first time in a wedding feast,when I was studying in my lower primary. Of course it was an Indianized version and. the recipe for caramel custard or caramel pudding recipe is extremely simple and is made with very basic ingredients. basically, the sugar is caramelized to thick and used as a base and added first to mould. to this, the custard sauce is added later steamed and chilled till it gets the shape. it may take.
Caramel Custard (Eggless) or Caramel Bread Pudding step by step
- Grind the bread in the mixer. (I take the brown parts too).
- First thing that you have to do is make the caramel. In a non-stick pan add 1/2 cup sugar. (No need to add water).
- On medium flame gas let it cook on its own. once you see the sugar is getting melt.. stir a little to avoid burning the sugar. In few secs it will start caramelizing..
- Once you see this golden colour immediately pour it in a mould and swirl the mould, so that the caramel will coat the base of the mould..
- Add milk and sugar in a pan and start boiling..
- Meanwhile in a bowl add custard powder, water and vanilla essence and mix it..
- Lower the flame and mix the custard mix in boiling milk.. stir it till the milk becomes thick..
- Gradually add the bread crumbs little by little and mix it. No lumps should be formed..
- After stiring for 5 min. The mixture will get thick..
- Transfer the mixture to the mould in which we have set the caramel..
- Cover it with aluminum foil..
- In a pan. Boil water and keep a stand..
- Keep the mould on the stand and close the lid and let it steam for about 40 mins..
- After 40 mins. Let the mould get cool before placing it in the refrigerator. Then place it in a fridge and let it set for 2 hours or more. This helps to unmold the caramel from the pan. After 2 hours. Unmold the aluminum foil and place a plate upside down on the mould. Invert the mould. The caramel custard will come out easily oozing out the caramel sauce with it..
- Relish this beautiful dessert..
For making caramel : Add sugar in a dry pan and leave it untouched until the sugar melts down completely and turns slightly brown. To begin making the Vanilla Custard Recipe, in a large saucepan; stir in the milk, cream, cornflour and vanilla. Japanese caramel custard pudding is called "Purin". Purin calls for only a few ingredients and is easy But the pudding in western countries and Japanese purin are quite different, they are not the same thing. Japanese pudding "Purin" is more like creme.