Caramel Bread Pudding (Eggless). The smaller the better as then they can be easily mashed. You can use whole wheat, brown, multi grain or white bread. Make the Eggless Caramel Bread Pudding – Bread Flan Recipe: Take a baking mold/dish and pour half of the hot caramel sugar in it.
Caramel Bread Pudding is a soft and smooth pudding that has a bite to it owing to the bread. The self-saucing caramel on the top makes the pudding so moist that you will absolutely love it. Eggless Bread Pudding / Caramel Bread Pudding. You can cook Caramel Bread Pudding (Eggless) using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Caramel Bread Pudding (Eggless)
- You need of For Caramel.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3 tsp of water.
- You need of For Bread Pudding.
- Prepare 4 of bread slices.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of custard powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of melted butter/ghee.
Refined oil – one or two drop for greasing. Caramel bread pudding recipe with homemade caramel sauce and it is eggless version. Just steaming over stove top, no oven. I remember I ate pudding for the first time in a wedding feast,when I was studying in my lower primary.
Caramel Bread Pudding (Eggless) step by step
- In a saucepan melt sugar(1/4 cup) and water on a medium heat. Once the sugar turns golden brown, remove from the heat..
- Pour it (caramel) into a baking tin/pan you want to steam the pudding with..
- Swirl the tin/pan to spread the caramel evenly at the bottom. Brush the sides of the tin/pan with the melted butter/ ghee. Set aside..
- Heat milk and sugar on a pan. Now make a liquid of the custard powder by adding little water and add it to the milk. Remove from the heat..
- Next add in chopped up bread slices, vanilla essence and a pinch of salt. Whisk till it forms a fairly smooth custard..
- Now pour the custard mix over the caramel on the tin/pan. Cover the tin/pan with aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Poke some holes in it for steam vents and steam it in a steamer for 30-35 minutes..
- Cool and refrigerate the pudding for 2 hours..
- Then unmould, slice and serve..
Of course it was an Indianized version and mostly puddings will be pineapple puddings those days. To begin with,caramelize half cup of sugar on low flame. Pour the caramel into a cake tin and spread it evenly. Caramel gets hard as it reaches room temperature. Remove the edges of bread slices.