Noah's Pudding (Ashura). Ashura "Aşure" is an authentic Turkish dessert that is believed that it is first made by Prophet Noah to gather all of the remaining foodstuffs to make this. Ashure (Turkish: Aşure) or Noah's Pudding is a Turkish dessert porridge that is made of a mixture consisting of grains, fruits, dried fruits and nuts. In Turkey it is served all year around, especially during Muharram, the first month of the Islamic calendar.
Noah's pudding (Ashura), which is a recipe as old as the story of Noah and the Ark, is shared among neighbors and friends in Turkey as a sign of mutual love and respect within the community. Ashura is a holiday celebrated annually in Turkey. It signifies many events for Muslims, amongst the most significant being the day Noah's Ark set on dry land. You can have Noah's Pudding (Ashura) using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Noah's Pudding (Ashura)
- It’s 1 cup of barley (soak overnight).
- It’s 1/2 of fave beans,canned(or any white beans).
- It’s 1/2 of chick beans,canned.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 6-7 of cloves.
- You need 10 of dry apricot.
- It’s 1/3 cup of raisins.
- You need 7 of dry figs.
- It’s 1 of apple.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar (if you like more sweet add more).
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 6 of chestnuts/toasted (optional).
- You need of To garnish :.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 2-3 of dry apricots.
- It’s 1 tbsp of crushed walnuts.
Ashure or Ashura is a porridge like dessert that is so popular in the Middle East and Turkey. The recipe for Ashure (Noah's Pudding) will follow after my little story. Yesterday, I visited one of my friends, who served Noah`s pudding which is also known as ashura for her guests. Tasting the delicious ashura reminded me of the special story about Noah's ark that I.
Noah's Pudding (Ashura) step by step
- Drain and Transfer the barley to a large, deep pan and bring to boil. add cloves and cinnamon stick.Reduce the heat and simmer for about 35 minutes, or until the barley is tender, topping up with the water during the cooking time if necessary..
- Cut figs,apricots into small pieces,place all the dried fruit in separate bowls and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 10 minutes, then drain.peel and cut apple,into small cubes..
- Barley cooked,drain and rinse peas and beans,add into barley.add drained raisins,and apricots,add figs with their juices.stir..
- Add apples and sugar.keep stirring,about 5 minutes.turn the heat off.Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl. leave the pudding to cool…
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over the pudding and arrange the sliced dried figs, apricots, sultanas and walnuts over the top.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds over generously..
- Little note: make sure you have enough water with barley.because when pudding is cooled,water will shrink,you do not want to eat dry pudding right?.
Turkish Asure/Asurah/Noah's Pudding It is very common to cook asure in Turkey in the first month of lunar This was chosen as the best Ashura at a local competition. The judges were diverse : Turkish. Ashura commemorates the day of the battle of Karbala for Muslims. Open up your mind and your potential reaches infinity… Ashure' : Noah's Pudding. Noah's ark pudding is a cornucopia of healthy ingredients like dried fruits, legumes and whole grain wheat that are sweetened with sugar and fruit juices and cooked all together in one pot.