Steam egg white pudding. See great recipes for Steam egg white pudding, Leche Flan too! This silky smooth steamed egg white milk pudding with ginger juice is a very healthy dessert. You can serve this wonderful and comforting dessert either hot or cold.
Prepare a steamer with hot water.. The ratio of egg and milk (and/or water) has to be right. Otherwise the steamed egg pudding will turn out to be too hard or too soft. You can cook Steam egg white pudding using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steam egg white pudding
- You need 5 of egg whites.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 5 cup of whole milk.
The trick to making the pudding with smooth texture is to cover the steaming bowl tightly with foil/cling wrap and then steam. Condensed water vapour on the steamer lid will drip down into the bowl. Lightly sweet and creamy, this dessert can be served with whatever toppings you like–fresh fruit, toasted nuts, granola, you name it. And it's ridiculously easy to make.
Steam egg white pudding instructions
- Prepare a steamer with hot water. Heat the milk in microwave for 4 minutes.
- Take out the hot milk out if the microwave, than add sugar and mix well till disolve. Can put more sugar if you want it sweeter..
- Sepearte egg whites and egg yolks in different bowls. Each bowl contain 1 egg white, remain of the egg yolks can be made as omelleteor scramble.
- Pour the milk mixture in with the egg whites, stir until it is mixed. Wrap tightly with cling film so no air goes in the bowl. It prevent any bubbles forming on the skin..
- Put the mixture in the steamer. Steam for 12 minutes. Every 3 minutes lift the lid up of the steamer to let the air out..
- After 12 minutes you can take them out and enjoy it either hot or cold.
Steam Milk Pudding is a popular dessert among Chinese, I would suggest that this dessert is pretty similar taste with Pure Creme Brule without the sugar glaze. Some article even points out that this dessert has skin whitening effect if consume daily. Recommend to add any nuts or fruits for better tasting. Below is the preparation work: Beat the egg whites with a fork without creating too much bubbles. Pour the cooled coconut water into the egg whites and stir to mix well.