Leche Flan. Compare Prices on Llanera For Leche Flan in Bakeware. Leche flan is popular Filipino dessert composed of custard atop a pool of easy homemade caramel, baked in a flan mold to creamy perfection. Leche Flan is a dessert made-up of eggs and milk with a soft caramel on top.
It has been a regular item in the menu of most restaurants because of its taste, ease in preparation and long shelf life. Leche flan can be cooked in one large shallow bowl and cut into squares or wedges to serve. Alternatively, it can be cooked in smaller single-serve ramekins. You can cook Leche Flan using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leche Flan
- It’s 8 pieces of large brown eggs.
- It’s 1 can of condensed milk.
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of white sugar.
Leche flan is perfect by itself, but it can be served in many other ways. It is a popular topping for iced desserts in the Philippines like maiz con hielo and halo-halo. Leche Flan is the Filipino version of creme caramel. It is a sweet dish traditionally served as dessert at parties, fiestas, and other special occasions.
Leche Flan step by step
- Separate egg white from yolk. Place 8 large egg yolks in a mixing bowl and gently beat it with a whisk..
- Add 1 can condensed and 1 can evaporated milk into the mix and gently whisk together until mixture is creamy. Set aside..
- Fill the bottom of 3 llaneras with a thin bed of white sugar. Caramelize sugar by hovering the llanera over low heat on the stove and slowly tilting it until the bottom of the llanera is evenly coated with caramized sugar. Once all sugar crystals are melted, take off the heat and let the caramelized bottom cool..
It is also commonly used as topping for shaved ice such as halo-halo or in other treats such as floating island or graham de leche. Learn the secret to making a very smooth and silky leche flan you could ever make. Leche Flan or what is known as Spanish Flan outside the Philippines is a traditional Filipino dessert made of evaporated milk, condensed milk, and egg yolks. To make leche flan, start by making caramel by melting sugar in a pan. Then, pour the caramel into a small, round baking dish.