Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding. Place walnuts into a dry skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir until the walnuts turns golden brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
In a medium bowl, combine the milk, evaporated milk, and bread pieces. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the eggs, sugar. In a bowl mix eggs, evaporated milk, coconut milk, and sugar; add water until it has a custard texture. You can have Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding
- Prepare of Bread base:.
- Prepare 5-6 cups of cubed brioche bread.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of whole walnuts (will be roasted and roughly chopped).
- It’s of Custard mix:.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of Milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of sweetened shredded coconut.
- It’s 1/8 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Butter drizzle topping:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of white sugar.
- Prepare of Optional topping:.
- You need 2 tbsp of milk chocolate chips.
Pour custard mixture over bread cubes. Top with shredded coconut and macadamia nuts. In a small pan, bring cream to a boil. With mixer running at medium-low speed, slowly add hot cream.
Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding instructions
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch glass baking pan with butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Gently cut the brioche bread into 1 inch cubes, about half of a loaf makes 5-6 cups worth. Place evenly into the pan..
- Measure 1/4 cup of walnuts and spread them evenly onto a baking sheet. Roast at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes, stirring halfway, until browned. Cool slightly, then chop them roughly. Reserve 1/4 of the nuts for the top of the pudding, toss the rest with the bread cubes..
- Mix together the milk, heavy cream, eggs, white sugar and vanilla extract in a large measuring cup. Mix until well blended. Add the shredded coconut into the mix, mix well..
- Microwave the butter until melted and whisk in the 1/2 tbsp white sugar..
- Evenly pour the custard mix over the bread cubes. Top with remaining walnuts, drizzle butter topping over the top..
- Let stand for at least 30 minutes (up to an hour) to absorb liquid..
- Top with chocolate chips right before putting it in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, until top is browned and custard is set..
- Let cool for 20 minutes and cut into 8-10 pieces..
Add coconut milk and rum, and mix again just until smooth. Allow mixture to rest at room temperature for one hour. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, oil, eggs and extract. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, eggs, milk and mashed bananas.