Savory Bread Pudding. These dishes, known also as strata, can be rich, but they are just as satisfying when made with low-fat milk. The formula works well for any number of cooked vegetables tossed with stale bread and mixed. Wrap any leftover pudding tightly with plastic and refrigerate.
Bread pudding doesn't have to be limited to dessert, though. Made with savory ingredients, this comfort food can be served as an entrée or side dish. Have you ever made savory bread pudding? You can have Savory Bread Pudding using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Savory Bread Pudding
- It’s 10 slices of white bread, cut into rectangles.
- You need 135 grams of cheddar, cut into super small cubes.
- Prepare 50 grams of butter.
- It’s 1 of large (+- 200 grams) onion, cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 200 grams of ground beef.
- You need 15 grams of parsley, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 6 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1.2 liters of half-and-half.
- It’s of Scallion/parsley/green onion for garnish.
How to Eat Bread Pudding for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner (and Dessert, Duh!) Sweet or savory, bread pudding is the ultimate comfort food. Just think of this as strata gone wild. Kamileon has concocted a rich, custardy bread pudding containing everything but the kitchen sink. Bread pudding is a gem of a main dish, and frugal to boot.
Savory Bread Pudding step by step
- Prepare all of your ingredients.
- Melt the butter on a pan on low-medium heat then add the onion. Cook on medium-high heat until the onion starts to smell.
- Add the ground beef on top of the onion. I prefer to do it neatly so everything will be cooked at the same time.
- When the beef is browned, add the garlic parsley, dried basil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp peper.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs then add the half-and-half and the remaining salt and pepper. Whisk everything well to turn it into you egg custard.
- Prepare two 20×20 aluminum foil or a large baking dish and line them with butter. Prepare the bread, the cheese, the beef mixture, and the custard on your range.
- Stack the bread, sprinkle some cheese, then the beef mixture.
- Repeat twice or three times until your baking dish is full. Pour the custard evenly, then leave for a few minutes to soak. You can also make it overheads, cover the dish with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge overnight while waiting for your guests to come.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Pop the dish in the oven for 45-55 minutes until the bread at the top looks golden and crispy.
This savory bread pudding is filled with bacon, peppers, spinach, and cheese, making it an easy one-dish Savory bread pudding is an easy way to make guests sigh with content, whether at breakfast. It's equally comforting turned savory, enriched with cheese and studded with vegetables. Yes, yes, for the semantics expert, a savory bread pudding is known as Strata. But we say call it This bread pudding recipe is basically a deconstructed Croque Monsieur with a mix of smoky ham. This is the fourth of five finalist recipes for the Dairy Contest, the winner of which will be announced this Monday (Labor Day!) This recipe, submitted by.