Blueberry Bread Pudding. This delicious Southern blueberry bread pudding boasts out-of-this-world flavor and eye appeal. Bread pudding dotted with blueberries has a soft center and a crunchy top. It's not to sweet so go ahead and top it with the easy caramel sauce.
This bread pudding is very versatile, easy to make and turns out delicious. I agree with previous reviewers that the cream cheese does not add anything. Bread pudding started as a clever way to use up stale bread. You can cook Blueberry Bread Pudding using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blueberry Bread Pudding
- Prepare 2/3 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 6 pieces of bread cut into 1 inch cubes.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar, or to taste (depends on the sweetness of blueberries).
- It’s 1 cup of blueberries.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of unsalted butter, cut into small cubes.
Unfortunately, most recipes call for heaps of white bread, sugar, and cream – which doesn't feel so clever or healthy. Serve this bread pudding recipe warm out of the oven for a breakfast. This bread pudding is named after a town near Trout Point Lodge that sells much of the local wild blueberry harvest. This delicious blueberry bread pudding is made with fresh blueberries.
Blueberry Bread Pudding instructions
- In a large bowl, mix together the milk and vanilla extract. Add the bread cubes into the bowl and let them soak for a few minutes..
- In another large bowl, whisk the egg and sugar until fluffy..
- Pour the egg mixture into the bowl containing the bread and stir. Then, fold in the blueberries..
- Butter the cake pan and pour the bread pudding mixture into the pan. Place small cubes of butter on top. Air fry at 320F (160C) for 16-18 minutes until the top is crisp and golden brown..
Try this recipe for tasty Bread pudding is an excellent way to use leftover stale bread. Typically, the bread is then scattered with raisins and the custard has a little nutmeg or other warm spices in it, but Casa SK has a bit of a blueberry situation right now, and her name is Anna. Share: Rate this Recipe Best made with fresh berries "preferably wild." This unbaked pudding is also a treat made out of season with frozen berries. There are opinions about Blueberry Bread Pudding yet. This recipe is OFF THE HOOK.