Eggnog bread pudding. Place cubed bread into a large bowl then set aside. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggnog, eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until completely combined and the sugar has dissolved. My bread pudding game is strong, guys.
I did add a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg but beyond that I followed the recipe as written and the resulting dish was a huge hit with my family. You'll need Dempster's White Bread, eggnog, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and vanilla extract. I use Dempster's White Bread both on its own for toast and sandwiches and in my recipes. You can have Eggnog bread pudding using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggnog bread pudding
- Prepare 1 loaf of sliced cinnamon raisin bread, ends removed and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- You need 3 cups of eggnog.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pecan pieces.
- It’s of Hand full of chocolate chips optional.
- It’s of Caramel sauce optional.
- Prepare of Powdered sugar for dusting optional.
It's super soft, high quality and always yields a fabulous result. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and eggnog until blended. Add bread cubes and toss with a spoon to coat thoroughly. Pour egg and bread mixture into prepared dish.
Eggnog bread pudding step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 Lightly butter 9×11 casserole dish In a large bowl beat eggs and add sugar, eggnog & bread – mix well Stir in pecans and chocolate chips so they're scattered throughout Bake approximately 30 minutes or until set Plate and top with caramel syrup and powdered sugar.
- Enjoy 😉.
One of the keys to my eggnog bread pudding recipe is the bread. Growing up, my mother always made homemade challah bread and used it for making french toast, bread puddings and more. I am lucky that I can usually find challah at the grocery store (until I start making it myself), so that is what I use. This bread pudding is perfect for serve during the holidays, but it's delicious any time of the year. Soaking time for bread is not included in prep time.