French Toast Bread Pudding. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, honey, orange zest, vanilla, and salt. Using spatula, lightly press down on bread to moisten completely. Place foil-covered dish in cold oven.
Instant Pot Bread Pudding is a delightful, pillowy-soft french toast bread pudding with warm cinnamon flavors and a hint of vanilla. French Toast is an all time favorite breakfast in our house and I've taken it to a whole new level! This French Toast Bread Pudding is a make ahead dish that will have your loved ones running to the table even before the alarm clock goes off! You can cook French Toast Bread Pudding using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of French Toast Bread Pudding
- You need of Day old bread or rolls, cubed.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of milk (dairy or nut).
- You need 2 Tbsp of Vanilla.
- You need 1 dash of all spice.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of cinnamon.
- It’s of Syrup of choice (we use a premade sugar free syrup).
Last week was totally, really crazy for my family. Made with sprouted wheat bread, apples, low-fat cream cheese, egg whites, and a touch of sugar and spices, you'll get all the decadent goodness of a bread pudding in a nutritious package. This is my version of bread pudding. And when it comes to breakfast standbys, French toast is definitely up there.
French Toast Bread Pudding step by step
- Find food storage container and fill with cubed bread. I used leftover rolls from my "Unexpected dinner rolls" recipe..
- Mix together eggs, vanilla, milk, and spices. Beat well and pour over top of bread. Seal lid and store in fridge overnight..
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Pour bread mixture into baking dish and bake uncovered for about 20 minutes..
- Portion out and drizzle with syrup..
That's why it felt right to make Ina's version — a hybrid French toast + bread pudding number — one of the contenders here again. But was her breakfast upgrade just as delicious as it sounded on paper? Soak bread in mixture for several hours or overnight, turning once so that both sides are covered. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Is it French toast or bread pudding?