Leche Flan. Leche Flan is a dessert made-up of eggs and milk with a soft caramel on top. It resembles crème caramel and caramel custard. This delicious dessert is known throughout the world.
You will see it everywhere around. Leche Flan is the ultimate sweet treat! Leche flan is traditionally steamed in the Philippines (where ovens were uncommon for many years), but baking it in a water bath is a great alternative if you don't have a steamer. You can have Leche Flan using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Leche Flan
- It’s 100 g of white sugar.
- You need 6 of egg yolks.
- It’s 300 ml of condensed milk.
- It’s 370 ml of evaporated milk.
- It’s 2 pieces of Calamansi or 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of water.
Leche flan is a popular and easy-to-make Filipino custard dessert. How do you make an easy leche flan recipe? The basic ingredients for any leche flan recipe is made up of only three major. Leche flan is popular Filipino dessert composed of custard atop a pool of easy homemade caramel, baked in a flan mold to creamy perfection.
Leche Flan step by step
- To make the flan mixture – combine the egg yolks, condensed milk and evaporated milk together and beat in one direction..
- To make the syrup – melt 1/2 cup of sugar with 3 tablespoons of water placed in a pan in low heat. Add in the calamansi juice from 2 pieces calamansi (or 1 tablespoon of lemon juice) and stir occasionally. Take the pan out of the heat when the sugar is already diluted and the syrup is bubbling and starting to turn yellowish in color..
- Assembly and cooking proper – pour the melted sugar caramel in the llanera or molding dish. Distribute it evenly. Then strain the egg and milk mixture using a strainer straight to the llanera or molding dish. Cover with foil and steam for 30-35 minutes. Take out of the heat to cool it down. Serve chilled and enjoy!.
Filipino leche flan is a rich custard made with egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk served with a syrupy caramel topping. Leche Flan Republic is the first to sell leche flan in vans in the Philippines. Leche flan is a delicious egg-based dessert popular in the Philippines, where it is served on celebratory occasions. It's a perfect pairing of sweet, rich caramel and creamy custard. I had a post about leche flan in my old kusina, but the how-to's were in a geocities page which is Some think that egg whites prevent the leche flan from turning very creamy.