Banana Pudding. Find Out How To Make Delicious Pudding. Blend in condensed milk until smooth. Stir in vanilla and fold in whipped topping.
Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Banana pudding is a crowd-pleasing dessert that's surprisingly easy to make. Here in the South, nearly every family has their own spin on the crowd favorite, and there's not a tailgate party, church potluck, or family gathering without it on the menu. You can have Banana Pudding using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana Pudding
- Prepare 40 gr of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 625 ml of whole milk (1% or 2% will work).
- You need 300 gr of – 400 gr sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s of (Use 300 gr then taste it. Add some more to taste).
- It’s 2 of large egg yolks, lightly beaten.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 of large bananas, slices.
- It’s 48 of vanilla wafers (nilla wafers).
- You need 4 of large egg whites.
- You need 50 gr of sugar.
Essentially all banana pudding is, is layers of cookies, bananas, and pudding! Banana pudding doesn't ask for much. Vanilla pudding, sliced bananas, and fluffy meringue or whipped cream—these are the pillars upon which banana pudding is built. Add the remaining whole egg to the yolks.
Banana Pudding instructions
- Combine flour and salt in a medium saucepan. Gradually add milk, condensed milk and yolks, stir well. Cook over medium heat 8 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract. Cover with cling wrap (the cling wrap must touch the surface)..
- Arrange 1 banana slices in bottom of a 8×8 square glass baking dish or a 2-quart baking dish. Spoon one-third of pudding mixture over banana. Arrange 16 wafers on top of pudding. Repeat layers two more times, so total there are 3 layers of bananas, 3 layers of pudding and 3 layers of wafers..
- Preheat the oven to 325°F..
- Beat egg whites at high speed of a mixer until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue evenly over pudding, sealing to edge of dish..
- Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until golden..
- Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving or after colling down, put it in the fridge for a few hours and serve it cold..
Banana pudding is one of our all-time favorite desserts. Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding is a heavenly dessert made up of layers of creamy vanilla pudding, bananas, and Nilla Wafers. It's the very recipe that the famous New York City bakery uses! This delicious and easy recipe is sure to become a family favorite! Banana pudding has long been a favorite Southern dessert, and this shortcut version is an excellent choice for a busy day.