Creme Caramel Custard★Recipe video★. Hi friends, I am Chef Ashutosh, welcome to our YouTube channel. In this video I have explained you about Creme Caramel ie also known as. If there is such a thing as a French national dessert then crème caramel is it!
Creme Caramel is also known as Flan, Caramel Custard or Custard Pudding, which is one of the. Creme Caramel, or milk leche, or custard flan, is an international favorite. The variation of names is a testament to how far-reaching across the globe this favorite dessert really is. You can cook Creme Caramel Custard★Recipe video★ using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creme Caramel Custard★Recipe video★
- It’s of ■for caramel.
- It’s 2 oz (3/10 cup) of granulated sugar.
- You need 3 Tbsp. of water.
- You need 1 tsp. of rum.
- Prepare of ■for custard.
- It’s 2 of eggs (LL size), room temperature.
- It’s 3 of egg yolks (LL size), room temperature.
- Prepare 1.76 oz (1/4 cup) of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 8.8 oz (1 cup) of and 1 Tbsp.) milk.
- It’s 1/3 of of a vanilla bean pod.
- It’s 1.6 oz (1/7 cup) of sweetened condensed milk.
From the Philippines to Spain, from Puerto Rico, to India, each country has it's own version of the popular creme caramel. Bake the custard and caramel in individual ramekins in a water bath. Watch the video, then get the recipe for Chef John's Creme Caramel. This dessert is both beautiful and delicious with a smooth, silky, impossibly creamy texture and a bit of tangy nuttiness.
Creme Caramel Custard★Recipe video★ instructions
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKpwV2VWiI.
- Split open lengthways and scrape the seeds out. Put it in milk while straining to avoid clumps. Put the pod and leave it for an hour..
- 【caramel】Put granulated sugar and 2 Tbsp. water in a pot. Heat it on medium heat. When the edge becomes yellow, move it from time to time. When steam comes out strongly, turn off the heat. Add 1 Tbsp. water..
- Put the pot on wet towel. Add rum and mix. Quickly pour the caramel into ramekins. Preheat a oven to 338 ºF..
- 【custard】Put whole eggs and egg yolks in a bowl. Mix gently so as not to foam until it gets watery. Add granulated sugar and mix well. Continue to mix for a minute after the sugar disappears..
- Add sweetened condensed milk to the vanilla milk. (vanilla milk ; process 2) Warm the milk while mixing. Warm it until steam comes out..
- Add the milk to the egg mixture in 3-4 parts. Mix well each time. After adding all, continue to mix for a minute. Put a paper towel and remove foam on the surface..
- Strain it with a tea strainer. Pour the mixture into the ramekins. Cover each with aluminum foil..
- Spread a wet kitchen cloth on a baking tray and put a deep-sided baking pan on it. Spread a kitchen cloth on the pan. Place the ramekins in it..
- Mix water and boiling water in the same ratio to make about 122ºF hot water. Pour the plenty of hot water into the pan. Bake it at 302ºF for 30-35 minutes..
- Let it cool quickly with ice water. Chill it in a fridge for 3-6 hours..
- Put bottom of the ramekin in hot water to loosen the caramel. Slide a small knife around the edges..
- Place a dish on the top, and turn upside down and shake lightly. It's all done!.
A creme caramel is a baked custard dessert topped with runny caramel sauce. This used to be the most popular dessert in French restaurants due to the profit margin and convenience of being prepared in advance. Watch video how to cook a perfect creme caramel using only four ingredients. Make these the day before – if you turn the caramel custard out too soon, the caramel stays in the bottom of the ramekins. Do not use a non-stick pan to make the caramel, it will not work, it will.