Leche Flan. Compare Prices on Llanera For Leche Flan in Bakeware. Leche flan is popular Filipino dessert composed of custard atop a pool of easy homemade caramel, baked in a flan mold to creamy perfection. Leche Flan is a dessert made-up of eggs and milk with a soft caramel on top.
It has been a regular item in the menu of most restaurants because of its taste, ease in preparation and long shelf life. Leche flan can be cooked in one large shallow bowl and cut into squares or wedges to serve. Alternatively, it can be cooked in smaller single-serve ramekins. You can have Leche Flan using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Leche Flan
- It’s 5 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 can (300 ml) of evaporated milk.
- You need 1 can (350 ml) of condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla.
- It’s of Caramel.
- You need of White sugar.
Leche flan is perfect by itself, but it can be served in many other ways. It is a popular topping for iced desserts in the Philippines like maiz con hielo and halo-halo. Leche Flan is the Filipino version of creme caramel. It is a sweet dish traditionally served as dessert at parties, fiestas, and other special occasions.
Leche Flan instructions
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Then add the evaporated milk, condensed milk and vanilla..
- Strain the mixture twice to remove lumps and bubbles. Then set aside..
- Place 2 tablespoons of white sugar in your llanera and melt it in direct heat from your stove. Melt until its golden brown..
- Set aside the caramel to harden..
- Boil water in your steamer. Once its boiling, set fire to low heat. This is very important. As you do not want your leche flan to get overcooked..
- Place your leche flan mixture in your llaneras and cover with foil..
- Place them in the steamer and cook for 30-45mins.
It is also commonly used as topping for shaved ice such as halo-halo or in other treats such as floating island or graham de leche. Learn the secret to making a very smooth and silky leche flan you could ever make. Leche Flan or what is known as Spanish Flan outside the Philippines is a traditional Filipino dessert made of evaporated milk, condensed milk, and egg yolks. To make leche flan, start by making caramel by melting sugar in a pan. Then, pour the caramel into a small, round baking dish.