Leche Flan. Leche Flan is a dessert made-up of eggs and milk with a soft caramel on top. It resembles crème caramel and caramel custard. This delicious dessert is known throughout the world.
You will see it everywhere around. Leche Flan is the ultimate sweet treat! Leche flan is traditionally steamed in the Philippines (where ovens were uncommon for many years), but baking it in a water bath is a great alternative if you don't have a steamer. You can cook Leche Flan using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leche Flan
- Prepare 10 of egg yolks (from large eggs).
- You need 14 oz of condensed milk (397g).
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of granulated white sugar.
Leche flan is a popular and easy-to-make Filipino custard dessert. How do you make an easy leche flan recipe? The basic ingredients for any leche flan recipe is made up of only three major. Leche flan is popular Filipino dessert composed of custard atop a pool of easy homemade caramel, baked in a flan mold to creamy perfection.
Leche Flan instructions
- Prepare steamer by boiling 2 liters of water..
- Set molds on the stove under low-heat setting. Add sugar and gently swirl using until it caramelizes. Set aside to cool and harden on a flat surface..
- Whisk yolks in a bowl. Add condensed milk and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly..
- Pour mixture into molds. Cover with foil..
- Steam for 20 mins..
- Using a knife, thin spatula, trace lining of molds to loosen the flan. Put serving plate on top and turn upside down. Tapping the bottom of the mold helps to transfer flan to the plate..
- Set aside to cool then serve. (Best served cool.).
Filipino leche flan is a rich custard made with egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk served with a syrupy caramel topping. Leche Flan Republic is the first to sell leche flan in vans in the Philippines. Leche flan is a delicious egg-based dessert popular in the Philippines, where it is served on celebratory occasions. It's a perfect pairing of sweet, rich caramel and creamy custard. I had a post about leche flan in my old kusina, but the how-to's were in a geocities page which is Some think that egg whites prevent the leche flan from turning very creamy.