Chocolate Mousse. Find Deals on Chocolate Mousse Mix in Food & Snacks on Amazon. With the easy pulse of an electric blender, this rich, brandy-enhanced chocolate mousse can be whipped up in a jiffy. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly and the infirm do not consume raw eggs.
Chocolate mousse has very few ingredients so it's important to use the best quality chocolate — its flavor will shine through. I like semi-sweet chocolate but if you prefer your mousse with a darker chocolate flavor, use bittersweet. Remember, the higher the cacao percentage, the less sweet the chocolate.. You can cook Chocolate Mousse using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Mousse
- You need 4 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp. of Sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of heavy cream.
- It’s 8 oz. of Bittersweet chocolate, melted.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Vanilla.
Chill metal mixing bowl and mixer beaters in freezer. Chocolate mousse is the ultimate dessert for any chocolate lover. Whisk together yolks, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a metal bowl until combined well, then add hot cream in a slow stream. Less cream, more chocolate, a more intense chocolate flavour and a beautiful creamy mouth feel.
Chocolate Mousse instructions
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks, 2 Tbsp sugar, and 3/4 cup heavy cream. Cook over medium-low heat stirring until mixture coats the back of a spoon (3-4 minutes), do not boil. Remove from heat; whisk in melted chocolate and vanilla. Strain into a bowl and chill until cool..
- With an electric mixer, beat remaining 1 1/4 cups heavy cream with remaining 2 Tbsp sugar until stiff peaks form. Stir 1/3 of whipped cream into cooled custard mixture, then gently fold in the rest with a rubber spatula..
- Spoon into serving dishes (I used phillo dough cups and garnished with strawberry), chill covered, at least 30 minutes and up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before serving..
Heat until chocolate is fully melted and mixture is smooth. This Chocolate Mousse Recipe is THE BEST! I have made Chocolate Mousse before…but have never really found a recipe that I liked. I tried to develop my own a few years back which ended in spoon throwing and tears. Chocolate mousse is the decidedly decadent, old-school dessert you've been overlooking for far too long.