Bread Pudding. Our bread pudding recipe is delicious and simple to make, full of flavour. In Canada they eat bread pudding with maple syrup. That's something we can definitely get on board with!
Bread pudding is a bread based dessert that is popular in many countries. It wasn't in my mother's rotation of recipes growing up, so the only other exposure I'd had to the dish was the occasional trip to a cafeteria-style restaurant with my. The secret to incredible bread pudding with a soft middle and crisp edges starts with leftover dinner rolls. You can cook Bread Pudding using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding
- Prepare 8 large of STALE cinnamon raisin bagels, cut in to cubes.
- You need 6 1/2 cup of Whole milk.
- It’s 5 of Eggs.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of White sugar.
- It’s 1 of Splash vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of Golden raisins.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 stick of Salted butter or 1/2 cup, melted.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Brown sugar.
Brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg will fill your kitchen with sweet aromas and sweet memories of happy faces around your table. Pour bread mixture into prepared pan. Bread Pudding is home cooking at its best! Bread pudding is very similar to a baked french toast recipe in ingredients and cooking method.
Bread Pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease a large casserole dish with butter..
- Cut bagels into cubes and place in a large bowl..
- In another large bowl combine the milk, white sugar, eggs, raisins, vanilla and salt and whisk well to combine..
- Pour custard over bread cubes and stir thoroughly. Allow the bread to absorb the milk for 30 minutes or so stirring from time to time. Pour into prepared dish. Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl and add brown sugar and stir. Drizzle all over top of bread using all of it. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until browned and set..
In my house, that means that if I'm serving it in the morning for a special brunch, I call it Baked French Toast. A great way to use up stale loaves of bread, we have fruit-filled sweet recipes, cheesy savory recipes and more great bread. I have included the brown sugar sauce and lemon sauce recipes to serve with this pudding. Being one of the millions allergic to poultry I came up with this so I could have bread pudding too. Sweetened Condensed Milk Bread Pudding Sauce Recipes.