Microwave Old Fashioned Rice Pudding. Find Out How To Make Delicious Pudding. Save On Rice Pudding At Walmart. Stir in rice, raisins and vanilla.
This Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding cooks prefectly with long grain rice. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar and nutmeg; pour over rice. Rice pudding really is a formula recipe like baking. You can have Microwave Old Fashioned Rice Pudding using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Microwave Old Fashioned Rice Pudding
- It’s 2 cups of L/O cooked rice.
- You need 3 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt (optional).
- You need 2 cups of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of raisins.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cinnamon or nutmeg.
Do not use non fat milk artificial sweeteners or regular rice and expect this to turn out thick and creamy. I made sure not to boil it at the end as stated so it did not separate. Whisk in the milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Add the cooked rice, and stir until well-combined.
Microwave Old Fashioned Rice Pudding step by step
- In a 2 quart microwavable casserole or bowl, mix beaten eggs with milk, sugar and salt..
- Stir in rice, raisins and vanilla..
- Cook uncovered on high 8-10 minutes. Stir every 1-2 mins..
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg and let stand 3o minutes, without stirring. Serve warm or chilled..
Divide the mixture between two tall mugs. Stir in rice, raisins and vanilla. This recipe is very poor because the cooking times for the basic rice pudding are way out and the method is rubbish. Combine milk, rice, sugar, raisins and salt in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.