Bread Pudding with Rum Sauce. This is the epitome of bread pudding. It's so easy, so cozy, and so sticky in a way that can only be good with bread pudding. Although this dish is a great way to use up old bread, it can also be made with fresh bread.
In another bowl, beat the egg whites until there is a formation of firm peaks. In a sauce pan, mix the brown sugar and flour. Add the cream, milk, rum and vanilla. You can cook Bread Pudding with Rum Sauce using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding with Rum Sauce
- It’s of Bread Pudding.
- You need 15 slice of cinnamon loaf bread.
- You need 1/4 cup of raisins.
- You need 10 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 8 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare of Rum Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 3 tbsp of rum.
Bring to a boil while whisking constantly. This bread pudding recipe with warm vanilla rum sauce is the perfect dessert for any occasion. Its full of fluffy brioche bread, golden raisins, and pecans. Can I Make Bread Pudding Ahead of Time-.
Bread Pudding with Rum Sauce step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place torn bread and raisins in a greased 9×13 baking dish..
- In a large bowl, wisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and heavy cream..
- Pour the egg mixture over bread. Allow egg mixture to soak into bread for about 15 minutes before baking..
- Bake at 350° uncovered for 50 minutes or until firm. Serve warm with Rum sauce..
- Rum Sauce.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat..
- Combine corn starch and sugar together in a small bowl, then add to melted butter in pan and wisk together..
- Add heavy cream and rum. Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens, wisking occasionally. Spoon warm sauce over top of each slice of bread pudding..
Make the vanilla rum sauce the night before. Slice and toast the brioche, place. While the bread pudding bakes, prepare the spiced rum sauce: in a small heavy-bottom saucepan, add the cream and the sugar, turn the heat on medium-low, and bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring often. Next, mix together the rum with the cornstarch, and drizzle it into the hot cream mixture. Serve the bread pudding warm or at room temperature with warm rum-raisin sauce drizzled over each portion.