Caramel bread pudding. It is very much like French Toast with a lovely caramel sauce on it. We all like it warm best. Delicious and such a easy pudding which taste so yummy.
Tammie Peebles writes from Naples, Florida, "My mom gave me the recipe for this easy-to-make pudding. Caramel Bread Pudding Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Caramel bread pudding recipe with homemade caramel sauce and it is eggless version. You can cook Caramel bread pudding using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caramel bread pudding
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 8 of slices of white bread (with crusts removed).
- You need 1 liter of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of raisins (optional).
- Prepare dash of of cinnamon powder.
I remember I ate pudding for the first time in a wedding feast,when I was studying in my lower primary. Serve the eggless caramel bread pudding warm or chilled. Smooth and delicate bread pudding, coated with a delicious caramel sauce, is a simple and stunning dessert at the same time. Made with bread, eggs, milk and sugar, the pudding can either be steamed.
Caramel bread pudding step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F..
- Heat 750ml milk in a pan and add 1 cup of sugar. Heat the milk at medium low, only until the sugar dissolves. Reserve remaining milk to add in the bread mixture; to adjust the desired consistency..
- Add 1 cup sugar to a heavy bottomed pan with 2 tablespoons of water and caramelize the sugar. Butter the baking dish with a pantry brush and pour the caramelized sauce to it. Spread the sauce all over the edges. Refrigerate the baking dish for 10 minutes for the sauce to set..
- In a large mixing bowl add the bread slices, milk sugar mixture, vanilla extract, raisins (optional) and the eggs. Stir and mash the mixture until the bread slices are super smooth..
- Pour the mixture on the top of the caramelized sauce in the baking dish. Create a double boiler by keeping the baking dish on a large baking dish. Fill the large baking dish halfway through hot water..
- Cover the small baking dish with aluminium foil and let it cook for 50 minutes. After that remove the aluminium foil and the double boiler and bake for 15 minutes . Baking is done when the knife inserted in the pudding comes out clean. Give it a 30 minutes to set. Use a plate to remove the pudding from the dish..
Caramel apple bread pudding is the most comforting fall dessert. Mix most of apple pieces into bread-custard mixture. Transfer bread pudding mixture to prepared pan. When rich, custardy bread pudding is matched with bittersweet caramel, it's doubly delicious. To begin the preparation of Caramel Bread Pudding, tear the bread into pieces and add milk to it.